Post injector question

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
tighten the wg all the way down. if you cant get more boost then what you have now then I would go over every connection and intake runner with soapy water and pressurize the chit outta it. unless tuning is limiting it.....

live life full throttle

pilot4life

Reaction score
tighten the wg all the way down. if you cant get more boost then what you have now then I would go over every connection and intake runner with soapy water and pressurize the chit outta it. unless tuning is limiting it.....

live life full throttle

Pumped it up and found two bubbly leaks at the spider and another on an IC pipe. These small leaks can cause that much loss of pressure just blows me away.

pilot4life

Reaction score
Alright waste gate is fully closed. Boost leaks all fixed...still only getting 28lbs. Ideas???

pilot4life

Reaction score
Stand alone sending unit to gauge that is inline of the MAP sensor. No boost fooler is installed.

Fat fingered from Tapatalk

pilot4life

Reaction score
Matt @ Gearhead said no boost fooler as it wouldn't allow the MAP to see the 25psi to allow full fuel

pilot4life

Reaction score
28lbs on the economy file or the max power file?

Matt it is on the econ tune. I am hesitant on cranking it to the max as the waste gate is tightened down fully and my EGT's in that program still run 750-1000 highway.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Something isn't right but 28 psi in the economy tune at wot sounds about right

pilot4life

Reaction score
Even in the tow program I can pass 1200 degrees when getting on the highway. I did find that the old waste gate solenoid tubing rubber ends are leaking just a little.

Could that cause issue?

Anyone remove their solenoid and tubing as I don't need it anymore?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Even in the tow program I can pass 1200 degrees when getting on the highway. I did find that the old waste gate solenoid tubing rubber ends are leaking just a little.

Could that cause issue?

Anyone remove their solenoid and tubing as I don't need it anymore?

or just plug them off.

live life full throttle

TARM

Reaction score
If you have Matt's tunes there is something not right. No way would you get that hot in anything except maybe the race tune and.then it would be under heavy throttle.

You also do not need a boost fooler with Matt's tuning; it's been that way for years. He was the first tuner to figure out how to tune the map sensor.

pilot4life

Reaction score
Could that leak from the waste gate tubes be enough to cause this much issue?

Only thing else I can think of is my exhaust is still leaking from somewhere but I'm not sure how with the bellowed up pipes.

Gearhead

Reaction score
I'm wondering if your up pipes are misaligned with the back of the turbo..... it's easy to do...

pilot4life

Reaction score
I thought there was only one way for the bellowed up pipes to go in?

And that pin in the collector aligned the up pipes with the turbo?

V-Ref

Reaction score
When you've done your boost leak testing...how many psi have you pressurized the system too?

The reason I ask is if you're unable to make more than 28 psi....and should be making more like 35-38 psi....and don't have any signs of soot indicating a drive pressure leak....and you have high egt's... than you've gotta look hard for a boost leak that's only occurring over 28 psi IMHO.

The good thing is you should be able to hear/find it fairly easily at 28+ psi

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.