post your hp and dyno info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

redracer62

Reaction score
Very nice, those are real #s. I'm seeing a lot of builds where guys are miss lead by the forums, but some 175-190s in and a small upgrade of a turbo and think there going to have a monster on there hand.

Here's a truck with 225's and a 64 non vgt that makes awesome power with 105mph to match his #s. This is the discussion I was looking for. Some guys are claiming 550plus with less fuel/turbo/ supporting mods.

How many of us including myself that has been diappointed with there dyno or track #s

i was a little dissapointed with the dyno #'s but then again its only #'s. the track times are what really tell the truth.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
well...weird ass dyno as explained above says 534 and track time says 536 so is it legit to say 530ish hp truck? Shawn? Redracer? Dustin?

its a bit off brother. definitely a bit shy. 1/8th to 1/4 calculator says:

Your 1/4 Mile ET is 13.44 seconds computed from your vehicle 1/8th ET of 8.58 seconds.
Your 1/4 Mile MPH is 96.72 MPH computed from your vehicle 1/8th MPH of 78 MPH.

never do a hp calculator based on e.t. there's way too many variables there. trap speed is much more consistent. trap speed calculator says you are making 477. none of this is remotely exact, but i can tell you you are running times that a 6.4 runs on the 250 tune, and thats 470-480 ish ..

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
its a bit off brother. definitely a bit shy. 1/8th to 1/4 calculator says:

Your 1/4 Mile ET is 13.44 seconds computed from your vehicle 1/8th ET of 8.58 seconds.
Your 1/4 Mile MPH is 96.72 MPH computed from your vehicle 1/8th MPH of 78 MPH.

never do a hp calculator based on e.t. there's way too many variables there. trap speed is much more consistent. trap speed calculator says you are making 477. none of this is remotely exact, but i can tell you you are running times that a 6.4 runs on the 250 tune, and thats 470-480 ish ..

i think a 99-100 mph 1/4 should definitely be doable with this truck....so i'll just pretend and still tell everyone it's 530ish :D

Mdub707

Reaction score
My truck, 100% bone stock except a x-race tune from Eric did 466/772 on a Superflow AutoDyn SF-840. Every Dodge that ran that day was crying their numbers were low and mine looked way too high. Torque seemed about right, hp a touch high. When I say stock, I mean stock air filter, cat and muffler both still in place.

I ran 1/4 mile with a dash mounted datalogger on 34" swampers with my x-street tune and did a 14.25 consistently (ran it a few times) and it calculated RWHP to be ~423.... That seemed more realistic.

Here's my 1/4 mile sheet... 2 runs, right after another. Again, this is on x-street, 34" super swampers, a passenger and a toolbox full of crap in the bed.

25MileRunJPG.jpg

strokin6L

Reaction score
just got done dynoin my truck about an hour ago. Buddy just installed a Dynomite loaded dyno. Made 501.1hp and 847.4tq. It could use fuel on the top end...maybe go with some 100% nozzles in the future. But i'm happy with the numbers and they seem to be very close to what i expected them to be. Now gotta back that up with some track times. Only close track is a 1/8th mile and it's closed now. So gotta wait till next year.

Charles

Reaction score
To the guy that can't figure out the Mustang Dyno labyrinth...

Don't feel bad. They are a mess. I'll make a "guess" that the guys running that shop are using the F'ed up correction factor (which they set themselves at some point) to compensate for some other equally retarded factor elsewhere in the program. Vehicle weight, function constants and explicitly labeled corrections all play a direct role in what pops up on a Mustang Dyno screen.

I personally took a 300hp truck and produced an UNCORRECTED dyno sheet at ~590rwhp or so IIRC on a Mustang Dyno one time, just for the SOLE purpose of showing how easily it's done. I was doing nothing but making back to back pulls while altering the values in the dyno computer until the number I wanted came up. At one point I had it as high as 930 or so when I was trying to dial it in. Bare in mind.... this was with NO CORRECTION listed on the pull.

Can anyone guess why I have 0 respect for graphs that originate on a Mustang Dyno? It's all a joke. Even the best attempts to get "accurate" results as the operator is still a joke.

In a thread like this.... everybody needs to go make a pull or 3 on the STANDARD, which is a DJ inertia machine.

Aside from that.... I have noticed that the superflow results seem to also be very consistent. All the other junk out there.... you can keep it.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
To the guy that can't figure out the Mustang Dyno labyrinth...

Don't feel bad. They are a mess. I'll make a "guess" that the guys running that shop are using the F'ed up correction factor (which they set themselves at some point) to compensate for some other equally retarded factor elsewhere in the program. Vehicle weight, function constants and explicitly labeled corrections all play a direct role in what pops up on a Mustang Dyno screen.

I personally took a 300hp truck and produced an UNCORRECTED dyno sheet at ~590rwhp or so IIRC on a Mustang Dyno one time, just for the SOLE purpose of showing how easily it's done. I was doing nothing but making back to back pulls while altering the values in the dyno computer until the number I wanted came up. At one point I had it as high as 930 or so when I was trying to dial it in. Bare in mind.... this was with NO CORRECTION listed on the pull.

Can anyone guess why I have 0 respect for graphs that originate on a Mustang Dyno? It's all a joke. Even the best attempts to get "accurate" results as the operator is still a joke.

In a thread like this.... everybody needs to go make a pull or 3 on the STANDARD, which is a DJ inertia machine.

Aside from that.... I have noticed that the superflow results seem to also be very consistent. All the other junk out there.... you can keep it.

I asked the guy several times what cf he was using but he couldn't tell me. "corrected" hp seems pretty close to where it should be but uncorrected seemed waay off for my mods. Now, uncorrected tq seemed right (969) but 1211 "corrected"??? No way. Don't know why hp uncorrected seems so far off but tq uncorrected seems right

Either way...it doesn't really matter

Charles

Reaction score
I asked the guy several times what cf he was using but he couldn't tell me. "corrected" hp seems pretty close to where it should be but uncorrected seemed waay off for my mods. Now, uncorrected tq seemed right (969) but 1211 "corrected"??? No way. Don't know why hp uncorrected seems so far off but tq uncorrected seems right

Either way...it doesn't really matter

It's because none of it is doing anything "correctly" if you will. It's a hodge-podge of bs that keeps bouncing back and forth until it's sorta-kinda close to what it "should" be..... some of the time.... sorta...

On a Mustang there is NO SUCH THING as uncorrected. All of the values ever spit out of one of those machines has been run through a labyrinth of operator adjustable factors beforehand.

This is why your "uncorrected" values were dumb. Because the base calculations the machine was operation on were equally dumb. The people at the shop simply tried to "fix" this by dicking with the most obvious correction factor until it was "about right" for most stuff, near as they could tell. Which is why the correction was so horrendous.

But as you see, all that does is skew everything all around into a nice big-o-pile of crap, lol.

Get yourself on a nice 248 inertia machine and make some uncorrected pulls. There is no F'ing with that. It is what it is.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I have to say that after reading this thread in its entirety I have to say that is refreshing to have something to put those dyno numbers over on PSN in check. I am new to this forum but not new to PSN or the .org. After hearing all the talk of the powermax (basically how it could cure cancer for our trucks), I was really thinking why wouldnt I go with one since it is a bolt on, but after seeing that folks with one and 190s are having a hard time reaching 500Hp, then that makes me think I might be better off getting a correctly spec'd 62mm non-VGT for reaching my 500Hp goal.

I dont want to hijack this thread and divert it from the discussion that it was meant for so if you could respond in this thread, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?p=147320#post147320

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I think the powermax is a waste, VGT's in my opinion hold back these trucks big time. There are trucks putting out similar numbers with 03 turbos and 190's.

190/75's have the ability to flow A LOT of fuel.. you NEED god tuning, preferably live tuning.

A 62mm non vgt should be able to support 500-550 hp no problem. Chris/strokin6L put down 505 with a 64mm, This is why I hate dynos, his truck can have the capability of laying down 12 second times and only pull 505 on the dyno :mad:

A gated 62/65/70 or a gated 62/65/80 with diverter valve will put down good power and have great spool up. This turbo will outflow a powermax all day long.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
That was the whole point of this thread, so guys can read what others are actually makeing for hp. There's been just way to much crap being thrown around on psn and the org about inflated hp #s. For example Frank put 180s and a powermax on and he's selling his truck cause its not what a 6.4 is on a max tune. Which makes 550. One maker which way you slice it a powermax and 190s won't make 550hp. Now some guys with 62,64 non vgts are making 550 with track times/mph to back it.

Don't be shy guys, this thread isn't to discredit anyone. We have all been disappointed with dyno/track #s. So share so others can see what is working

JDub

Reaction score
Don't be shy guys, this thread isn't to discredit anyone. We have all been disappointed with dyno/track #s. So share so others can see what is working

Only you would be disappointed with a 10.60 in a crew cab...:bowfast:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The powermax is an okay factory replacement with mild modifications and proper tuning but In my opinion not really performance oriented, and it shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.