Powerstroke214's build thread

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
My thoughts, for what its worth... Don't black it out. It already has enough going on with the white and tan. Honestly the truck looks good now. If it were me, I'd do the HD grille with the outside painted white and the inside still chrome, paint the top plastic of the front bumper tan to match the flares (it'll tie into the rest of the tan and flow much better), ptm white your door handles, 08 mirrors with chrome caps, and it'll all flow really well and nothing will look out of place.

Get an end look in your head and work towards it. So many people don't have the vision of the final project and their trucks never flow.

You're doing a bang up job man!

I like blacked out, but I agree w/ you. I'm probably going to do something like that. I don't know about mirrors though, they're quite expensive lol. Probably try to get some 6.0 KR or chrome package mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I agree with stroker except for the chrome mirror caps and leaving the center of the grill chrome.

sootie

Reaction score
My thoughts, for what its worth... Don't black it out. It already has enough going on with the white and tan. Honestly the truck looks good now. If it were me, I'd do the HD grille with the outside painted white and the inside still chrome, paint the top plastic of the front bumper tan to match the flares (it'll tie into the rest of the tan and flow much better), ptm white your door handles, 08 mirrors with chrome caps, and it'll all flow really well and nothing will look out of place.

Get an end look in your head and work towards it. So many people don't have the vision of the final project and their trucks never flow.

You're doing a bang up job man!

very good post.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
yduvegan.jpg

New head unit
2u9y8eba.jpg

Fx4 stickers gone.

The other week, on a trip to New Orleans I saw a 15-19°delta on the interstate, so an oil cooler is probably gonna happen before I had planned, so I got a few questions:

1). I have that nasty green coolant, and I know I need to flush before I get a new cooler. How long in advance should I do the flush? 1 week, a month? 50-500mi?

2). Should I just nut up and do everything in May(studs, delete, cooler etc?) or around then? Or do the delete and cooler sooner? I know a guy who is currently doing a HPOP, oil cooler and delete on a 6.0 now, and I'm probably gonna help out to learn some. He doesn't deal w/ heads, but he'll charge 1/2 price for the cooler and delete job if I pitch in and help(no problem w/ me).

swinky

Reaction score
Nut up for sure. Do it once and do it right. Less chance of little **** breaking, bolts stripping, wires chafing and all that crap if you just have it done 1 time.

swinky

Reaction score
I was afraid of that lol, gonna be penny pinching for a while. It'll be nice to not have to worry about hgs though.

Exactly. I have all the faith in the world in mine knowing all the work was done right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
:whs: same with mine... I know it's done and done right so I don't worry about the basics anymore. Do it all at once and do it right that way you can go beat on it without worrying (as much) LOL

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Yup, did all of my work one shot. Now I drive it however I want and I dont worry about breaking chit. 15k miles or so since all my work and it runs great. I monitor my livewire nonstop still.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Finally unplugged the ICP sensor and once it warmed up, there was still a slight miss. I made a vid(cuz I'm bored) that I'll link to later. The audio kinda sucks because the turbo whistle damn near drowns everything out(sometimes I want a doosher switch to kill the whistle). You can barely hear a few inconsistencies in the idle.

Sensor seemed fine, so that's $300 or so saved, but looks like the issue is with either an injector or HPO leak?

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
5erygyju.jpg

Did a couple 3/4 throttle 5h gear pulls to 100 this morning, and this is what I'm seeing. EOT seems normal, but shouldn't ECT usually be in the 190s? Mine RARELY gets there on the interstate, and usually it's 195 or less in the city. Is that about right?

Ambient temp was a little under 40° and it was at "operating temp" probably 10 mi on the interstate and it 93/109 when I left the hotel.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I haven't, wasn't sure that it may be an issue. But I've been reading that 190s is there ECT should usually be, and mine are hardly there. I've seen 201 as the highest I think, and that was in traffic. Guess I should replace the tstat and see if I NEED an oil cooler.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Update/questions and junk:

Questions: just curious, what are y'all seeing for ICP voltage and IPR tuned? My CTS goes off every time ICP voltage goes over 4.0, I know stock 4.0 is healthy, but tuned, does that sound right?

Disclaimer: I don't know chit about transmissions lol.
When I put it in reverse or drive, there's a pause/delay. Usually when it's colder, but not limited to the trans being colder. I haven't serviced the trans, but that's on my list of stuff to do now.

Other than that, she's running pretty well. It seems like maybe the thermostat is going out intermittently? Both times I've taken it on a longer interstate trip, ECT has been in the lower 180°s and EOT from the mid 190°s to low 200° so I'm thinking that my oil cooler may not be as bad as I think. Usually in the city EOT and ECT are both in the 190°s occasionally the low 200°s
9eqemady.jpg

sootie

Reaction score
the delay in shifting into reverse will be much more pronounced right after you have downloaded a new tune or returned to stock. it should shorten up the delay time as you use it more. If it still happens, you could try an upgraded dd solenoid but most likely it is the clutches starting to show a little wear.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
the delay in shifting into reverse will be much more pronounced right after you have downloaded a new tune or returned to stock. it should shorten up the delay time as you use it more. If it still happens, you could try an upgraded dd solenoid but most likely it is the clutches starting to show a little wear.

Great…how big of an issue is this usually? I'm assuming replacing the clutches is the best thing to do, how involved is that job?

Guess I'll add a DD solenoid to the list too.

Latest posts

Members online