• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

PPE's chevelle for sale 195k

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
If I was well enough financially to afford that car I would buy it and give him every cent. To a purist its a fable just something made up and that's it, its value is nothing. But to a collector its gold. Jay lenos tank car cost somewhere around 400k to complete, now that things a cluster...... but its awesome. Also a shelby cobra just sold for 800k, that's four tires, two seats, motor/trans, and lake side pipes all for 800k. What a deal right? NO! But then again its awesome. And for the record tycorr the highest selling chevelle at auction was a 70 SS LS6 which was one of 50 made that year with the green body, white stripe and white vinyl top. And the cost of any classic is not determined by body shell but by that little tag on the firewall. That tag is the difference between an SS and Malibu, a gt350 or a regular ol fastback stang.

Fat fingered from the phone-Corey

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
And for the record tycorr the highest selling chevelle at auction was a 70 SS LS6 which was one of 50 made that year with the green body, white stripe and white vinyl top. And the cost of any classic is not determined by body shell but by that little tag on the firewall. That tag is the difference between an SS and Malibu, a gt350 or a regular ol fastback stang.

Fat fingered from the phone-Corey

Thanks for bolstering what I said. Makes sense that a rare package,stock version of the SS is the highest priced. Did that 70 SS chevelle have a custom motor/drivetrain in it? Exactly. My. Point.

The cost of a car being dependent on the manufacture tag is true but do you think that was left hanging in there? Additionally, the fact that its got a shop-built tubing frame probably will have an impact on the value.

On that note...Im done with this one...

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Damn guys... its a for sale ad for a custom built car. They can ask whatever they want for it and then decide what offers they would take on it. Just think of all the free advertising alone that they got for putting the price tag where they did....

If you go through the build and total everything up its probably about a 100K car maybe a 125K - but thats if a guy was building it for himself in his shop on his time. People spend tons of money on things that other people will never understand - the amount of money is all about the prestige of owning said item - that prestige comes from many facets - like a rare original, or excellent craftsmanship, or even a well done and unique conversion. But what do I know....

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
Im going to buy a GT350 and put a 6.4 in it = D

On a serious note, price aside, its a beautiful car with months of time in it. Amazing piece of craftsmanship.

chappy

Reaction score
I've watched a lot of auctions and don't see that car selling for more then a $100,000. Many other shops build just as cool of cars and sell for half that.

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
A non numbers matching custom Nova that isn't even as nice as this one went for $125,000 yesterday. This car is definately worth every penny.

TyCorr

Reaction score
That car is 70k cheaper...and its not ugly...and it looks top notch,everywhere. Doesnt have a diesel truck enthusiasts wet dream drivetrain....

alwil

Reaction score
That car is 70k cheaper...and its not ugly...and it looks top notch,everywhere. Doesnt have a diesel truck enthusiasts wet dream drivetrain....

Its also not real special either (ie probably not a whole lot of 1 off parts)
Its a really nice car but you see real nice chevelles at pretty much every car show.

moose99psd

Reaction score
if you think this pricetag is stupid for something epic yall don't even want to come play in the offroad racing prerunner world.. for example, this truck is WORTH 375k and it isnt a race truck, just a prerunner.
250965_10150245474122597_503547596_9272029_6259496_n.jpg

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
if you think this pricetag is stupid for something epic yall don't even want to come play in the offroad racing prerunner world.. for example, this truck is WORTH 375k and it isnt a race truck, just a prerunner.
250965_10150245474122597_503547596_9272029_6259496_n.jpg

These guys that are bitching don't have a clue what goes into some of these projects. They've bolted stuff onto their PSD and think their fabricators or engineers. They've never stood in front of a lathe or mill for 15 hours just to get a part perfect for the project. And done that 50 to 60 times during the course of a project. They're inexperienced and think they're experts. Oh ya in comparison, they're all broke dicks too. LOL

91turbogsx

Reaction score
:whs: people who look at a $195k price tag with a $30k/yr income are gonna think its outrageous. But now if you made a mil a year or something it'd seem reasonable.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I always think it's funny when people say "if I had the money, I'd buy it"

I always think to myself "that's why you don't have the money to buy it" :p

$1M/yr isn't going to buy that car... You have to be wiping your ass with $1M to throw down $200k on that car IMO.

But, there's an ass for every seat, and it only takes ONE

Latest posts

Members online