Pro Stock Powerstroke Mustang

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
going to do something like this for the exit. front clip is going to be cut around it and Duzed to the chassis so we dont have to worry about taking the exhaust apart to get the front clip off.

8088A779-19FF-4A18-A90E-73C37258C6B0_zpsyvnpf2ro.png

rentstdi

Reaction score
That should work. Looks much better than the turning radius of a school bus now... How long till that carbon fiber plate catches fire....

rentstdi

Reaction score
How about a heat shield for the oil pump and belt area. I wouldn't want the heat to damage that belt.... I know it's early in the build

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
It's not near close enough to that belt to be an issue. No wrap that is just extra unneeded weight at that point. I was going to paint that tube with header paint and call it good.

Plus this motor doesn't run crazy hot EGTs as one would expect. I was told to exspect 1500* EGTs right at the exhaust port.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I was about 4" short of thin wall stainless to finish the exhaust but it will be something like this. And before anyone asks there will be a mounting tab in the middle to suport that weight.

88417DF9-8479-44D6-AE2A-DC06CC30C035_zpsnyej56rx.jpg

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It's not near close enough to that belt to be an issue. No wrap that is just extra unneeded weight at that point. I was going to paint that tube with header paint and call it good.

Plus this motor doesn't run crazy hot EGTs as one would expect. I was told to exspect 1500* EGTs right at the exhaust port.
looks awesome. is that a chunk of stove pipe behind the tire?
I love my job

10247459_329370013918167_4414825125437516061_n.jpg
that is looking badass matt!

live life full throttle

psduser1

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder why there's not more cars like this. Seeing as how everyone is an expert and all :shrug:

Blow it.

Asking a question is kind of the opposite of being an expert, lol. Assuming that comment was directed in my general direction:blah:

Guy posts up a cool setup, Ima ask him about It.

Fwiw, I think this build is great. Matt is on point. If anything, I'm jealous I'm not involved, lol.:toast:

97stoker350

Reaction score
Blow it.

Asking a question is kind of the opposite of being an expert, lol. Assuming that comment was directed in my general direction:blah:

Guy posts up a cool setup, Ima ask him about It.

Fwiw, I think this build is great. Matt is on point. If anything, I'm jealous I'm not involved, lol.:toast:

Lol this guy! Don't get so butthurt it was half sarcasm directed at everyone questioning/criticizing this thing. When you drop this kind of coin its safe to assume the guy knows what he's doing. But it wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

Car is looking great keep it up! I just wanna know what it sounds like

Latest posts

Members online