Progress thread

swinky

Reaction score
After having issues all day yesterday I got the boots to stick now. Here's a little 0-70 vid. http://youtu.be/jmTUgVGkdNY

Would dropping fuel pressure cause a drop in icp as well? It would make sense since there would be no resistance in the injector.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Figures you'd get it to hold AFTER the event. I'm gonna get some custom tunes and traction bars then see what she'll do.

I'm not sure about the icp but I wouldn't think fuel pressure would affect it. I'm probably wrong though

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Fuel pressure would have no affect on ICP, however if you are dropping fuel pressure, I would get that figured out quick. Hate to see you lose some new injectors over it...

swinky

Reaction score
Alright well I'm only getting like 3.7 volts now. This 66 continues to amaze me, the sound and the spool is just spot on. The throttle isnt jumpy and you can drive the thing around and make some noise without being in the boost. Under 2200 it's just a nice truck to drive with that deep rumble and it's a whole nother animal in the boost.

swinky

Reaction score
Should I go tan or black with my bed liner? I'm going to redo it.

swinky

Reaction score
Just rigged up a fp gauge. 20psi wot. Would that hurt power?

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I'd say so! If yours is that low I'd hate know how low Kenzie's. His is so bad it literally starts sputtering

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

swinky

Reaction score
Yeah it only pukes wide open so it's not too bad and honestly I may just run this one till it's trashed and then park the truck until I get the funds to put a lower mileage engine in it.

swinky

Reaction score
Sumps in and pump is wired up. Haven't driven it but fuel pressure rises much faster so it looks promising. Should make some passes friday night then that's going to be it until it gets gaskets and a new valve train. I'll be doing a restoration on the seats and small cosmetic stuff along the way to keep me entertained while I'm saving for the re-stud.

The seats are going to be a project, I'm filling the cracks with a leather filler then sand them down then re dye them. Its a whole kit that apparently works wonders but if I ruin the front seats I'm not worried. You guys that have seen the truck can comment on how rough the seats make the interior look.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Why not just look on flee bay for new KR covers?
Be a lot faster.
Or...if mine were as bad as yours, I'd get some aftermarket ones from Corbeau.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.