Progress thread

sootie

Reaction score
i feel kinda bad for you but you keep buying unknown used transmissions. i learned the hard way too, do it right or do it twice (or three times as req)

j/k

take the truck back to Dorian and let him fix it up right at no cost to you. forget doing more mods when he is in there. then that will be out of the way. it will also leave you some funds for a proper trans.

swinky

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking, it may be a solenoid but with my luck I doubt it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
Slip in reverse and no 3-5 shift.

Direct clutch related for sure. I'm not all that disappointed, if it's smoked I'll take a step back and buy a little 4cyl ranger or something, get my money together for a prober build. It would be nice to have something that I didn't have to spend $400 in gas to go see my family too.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Get you a beater man, best thing you can possibly do. You don't realize just how much you spend on fuel for these trucks until you get something that only has to be filed up twice a month

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

Cknox121

Reaction score
Yuhpp trans is done. New solenoid and filter and it still is ***ked. I have 30k into a 2003 with 220k miles with a blown trans and head gaskets.

Sounds like a bad investment to me... Sell as is, save money, come back when priorities are straight and purchase a newer truck or one with low miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monster12valve

Reaction score
There toys, they cost money! I would fix her and keep building it! It's a nasty truck, nice work so far!, modding toys in General is a bad investment for the most part.... It's done for the love/ addiction to our hobby.

05wh250

Reaction score
There toys, they cost money! I would fix her and keep building it! It's a nasty truck, nice work so far!, modding toys in General is a bad investment for the most part.... It's done for the love/ addiction to our hobby.

What he said! I gave up keeping up with what I spent on mine. It doesn't matter that's what I want and I'm paying all my other bills first so step back from it for a few days and then go back to it. We all get frustrated with it.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Yuhpp trans is done. New solenoid and filter and it still is ***ked. I have 30k into a 2003 with 220k miles with a blown trans and head gaskets.

Dorian has offered to fix the head gaskets , no? I know it's a long drive, but it is what it is. If I were you, I'd get a used junk yard trans, dial back the injectors as much as possible, buy a cheap beater to drive around in and get the truck to PSE. Then the motor is fixed and you can save money on fuel and buy a proper trans.

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

swinky

Reaction score
Dorian has offered to fix the head gaskets , no? I know it's a long drive, but it is what it is. If I were you, I'd get a used junk yard trans, dial back the injectors as much as possible, buy a cheap beater to drive around in and get the truck to PSE. Then the motor is fixed and you can save money on fuel and buy a proper trans.

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

I'm not putting another junker trans in it. Im going to call eric on Monday and see if there's a way to make a 3-6 or a 4-6 shift. The truck still drives it just flashes tow haul and stays in fourth. It's about 2k rpms at 50mph. I'll take back roads up to twisted and get it done. Then the big decision comes on where I want to go with the truck. Used 6.0s with billet rods pop up every once in a while......

02BigD

Reaction score
I'm really not trying to be like that....BUT...what in tarnation do you need with billet rods in a CC pickup that you already can't keep a transmission happy with?

swinky

Reaction score
I'm really not trying to be like that....BUT...what in tarnation do you need with billet rods in a CC pickup that you already can't keep a transmission happy with?

Buying a daily driver here shortly. Like I said before I really didn't realize what it took to have a reliable 600hp 6.0. I've tried cheaping out on stuff and it bit me in the ass hard. I learned a lot the hard way and now it's time for one step back and two steps forward. The goal is to run 11.90 index class on fuel at the nhrda events. It sucks that this turned out the way it did and I feel like a douche for having a big thread and only one 12sec pass but **** happens. Billet rods aren't needed but if a decent deal comes up I'd be tempted to pull the trigger.

sootie

Reaction score
Buying a daily driver here shortly. Like I said before I really didn't realize what it took to have a reliable 600hp 6.0. I've tried cheaping out on stuff and it bit me in the ass hard. I learned a lot the hard way and now it's time for one step back and two steps forward. The goal is to run 11.90 index class on fuel at the nhrda events. It sucks that this turned out the way it did and I feel like a douche for having a big thread and only one 12sec pass but **** happens. Billet rods aren't needed but if a decent deal comes up I'd be tempted to pull the trigger.

seriously dude. an injector and turbo 6.0 is not a big build nor is it crazily unreliable. get the truck back to dorian and get it fixed without doing any more mods.

buy your beater if you wish and save for a proper, built trans. twisted is a good choice given your location and their pricing.

once you get your comfort level back you will fall in love with the truck again.

i have waaaay more into my 6.4 than i care to tally up and it took a good 8 months to get all the bugs worked out of it. rarely anything goes according to plan.

i personally am not a fan of beater vehicles because i say if i cant drive it every day i shouldnt own it. i use my truck. Guess what...i bought a used trans (upgraded clutches, some billet parts) from a member on here for a very good price and it holds the power fine. keep your eye on the classifieds.

you often post how much you hate your truck and how much you have in it and generally complain about the sitch-i totally get that, been there.

just get the warranty work done and off your plate, work on the trans next, and you will get happy again. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.