Progress thread

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score
The 4r Trans won't give the truck more horsepower. Just the 4r Trans will put the horsepower down on the ground better then a 5r will. So therefore the dyno numbers will be a little different between the 5r Trans and a 4r Trans and I mean little different like 5 to 30hp on the ground at the most increase between a 4r Trans and the 5r Trans. It's so expensive to go the 4r Trans in a 6.0 that's why I wouldn't do it unless the truck is an all out drag truck or a pulling truck imo.

6 L chevy eater

Reaction score
The 4r Trans won't give the truck more horsepower. Just the 4r Trans will put the horsepower down on the ground better then a 5r will. So therefore the dyno numbers will be a little different between the 5r Trans and a 4r Trans and I mean little different like 5 to 30hp on the ground at the most increase between a 4r Trans and the 5r Trans. It's so expensive to go the 4r Trans in a 6.0 that's why I wouldn't do it unless the truck is an all out drag truck or a pulling truck imo.

AGREED

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
If you ride in it you'd change your mind lol. It's ate 4 transmissions and is now working on a fully built, brand new one. Idk what else it could be. It's not going to hurt to try Gearhead tunes anyway though

Never said it would hurt to try different tunes. Nothing wrong with that at all