Progress thread

ford rules

Reaction score
Did you clean the lines and coolers for the new trans? Could have picked up **** from the old trannys and taken out the new one. Just an idea.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Not to stir the pot, but I have been having issues with my trans with the Xtreme X as well...

Local shop went through the trans 3 times under warranty after the first build. All hard parts including clutches and steels have been fine, they usually just replace the electronics and all is good for 3-6k miles. The last time, they started with a fresh core and built up from there thinking there could have been a small crack in the valve body or something causing the issues. I had thought it could be tuning, but hadn't tried anything since my research found nothing. Now I am out of warranty for my built trans and it has acted up again. I am going to try my old tunes that were always rock solid.

My issues have always been while driving 20 miles + on the highway at 60mph+. The T/H light would flash and a code would show for a converter issue. Basically the converter wouldn't lock in 5th. After a while, it would slip into neutral for a split second, back into gear and would basically lose 5th gear and be stuck cruising at 55 turning 3000k rpms. If I shut the truck off and restarted, all would be fine for another 20 miles, then the process would start over. If I completely reflash the tune, it is fine for more like 1000 miles before I have issues again.

I am going to start by running stock for a while and see if it does it, then slowly add tunes up to my street file. If all is clean, then I am pointing to the Xtreme X...

swinky

Reaction score
Soo I just thought of something. If my truck is in neutral or idle icp drops around 1800rpms and it starts popping like it's missing really bad. Shouldn't icp voltage go up with rpms? Does it in every tune. It sounds kinda cool I'll get a vid tomorrow. Icp sensor?

swinky

Reaction score
Cabs coming up in the next couple of weeks. Re using my arp 425 with O-ringed heads. Current goal is to get a mid 12 out of the current setup then be ready for 7.70 index at Rudys spring 2015. If I can get a 7.9/12.4-12.5 out of the 190s and 66 I'll just spray a little.

Sorry this thread has been so damn boring.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Cabs coming up in the next couple of weeks. Re using my arp 425 with O-ringed heads. Current goal is to get a mid 12 out of the current setup then be ready for 7.70 index at Rudys spring 2015. If I can get a 7.9/12.4-12.5 out of the 190s and 66 I'll just spray a little.

Sorry this thread has been so damn boring.

Uh huh spray it... That's a good idea.... :biggun:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Uh huh spray it... That's a good idea.... :biggun:

I know, right?? Imagine the b*tching that will follow a piston viewing hole bring installed in the lower portion of the block.

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

Latest posts

Members online