Project International Hauler

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
Thanks I don't have power windows.

But you gotta quit drinkin and driving LOL

when i back out of my garage, there is 1.5" on both sides of the mirrors. its tough. i dont know wtf ppl were thinking when they installed that door, but its not a standard 7x9, its a 7x8.6 i also have to pay attention to the top of the door as well, my truck being 6'9" tall. that little drift that usually builds up in front of the door in the winter i have to keep shoveled out of the way.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Pretty sure turbo is going to be my limiting factor. I tow heavy with the truck though and I want good spool up. Figure if the low end is how I want it and I am lacking on the high end it will get another turbo added in front of the 66.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
That's 500hp easy. With those gears you'll not be worrying about power any time soon!!! Our e99 350 has 4:10's and stock power is plenty 99.9% of the time.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
That's 500hp easy. With those gears you'll not be worrying about power any time soon!!! Our e99 350 has 4:10's and stock power is plenty 99.9% of the time.

Ya I will be swapping the gears out to either 4.10's or 4.30's later down the road. Wanna get the cruising rpm down a couple hundred rpm or so.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I don't think that single disk clutch is going to be liking life very much with that injector/ turbo combination! :eek:

The progress so far looks great! I'm planning on running a 250/100 with an s400 frame turbo eventually as well. It would be great to hear how your truck performs daily driving and towing, and if you would've done something differently when its up and going.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I don't think that single disk clutch is going to be liking life very much with that injector/ turbo combination! :eek:

The progress so far looks great! I'm planning on running a 250/100 with an s400 frame turbo eventually as well. It would be great to hear how your truck performs daily driving and towing, and if you would've done something differently when its up and going.

I don't believe it i will either, but I spent a hour or more on the phone with the guys at valair when I bought it and they don't have their dual disc finished yet. He hooked me up with this one and said he would swap it out for me once the dual was ready for testing.

If I ever get all the issues I am having with parts straightened out then I will get this thing running and have some feedback. As of right now it is sitting because I had to wait for a few fuel fittings that were on back order. Just recieved the call that they came in today.

Once I get the fuel system all plumbed and tested, I will be putting the cab back down on the frame so I can button up all the wiring and reinstall the dash and hopefully fire her up. If everything goes right, I hope to have her running by the end of the weekend.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Well I got some time in my shop over the weekend. Got my fuel pump and filter mount all fabbed up and mounted on the frame. I need 2 more fittings and my fuel system will be complete. Some pics......

IMG_20110915_213331.jpg

and painted and mounted.....

IMG_20110916_204501.jpg

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Well I finally got everything buttoned up. I got the truck running last weekend and spent every night this week finishing up the wiring, re-installing the entire interior, modifying the bed to add the stacks, and just buttoning up all the lil things that needed to be done to get the truck road worthy again.

I changed a couple of things though due to time and money constraints. I ended up putting the 4 factory speakers from my 350 in the truck and the factory cd player and I will use the aftermarket stuff in the 350 when I put it back together. I also did not go with the 05 front end as I am now looking into the 08 front clip. So for now the 2000 front will stay but I did upgrade to 2003 headlights. I have not been able to source a short throw shifter. They are apparently on backorder so that will have to wait for now. Also my seats needed re-done so I put the captains chairs from the 350 in till I can get them back. They are same style but grey so look a lil out of place, but are WAY more comfortable than the bench seat that was in the truck.

Unfortunatly I only got to move the truck around the driveway last night as I have a bad icp sensor and it was causing some idle issues. I picked a new one up today and will be installing it tonight. I still have to pull my chip to get it re-burned for the gen3 but will be taking care of that later tonight.

I don't have any pics yet. Gotta get the truck cleaned up first but will have some by the end of the weekend.

Latest posts

Members online