Project International Hauler

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Some pics. Truck is still dirty but I was able to snap a few.

IMG_20111025_170332.jpg

IMG_20111025_170316.jpg

IMG_20111025_170348.jpg

IMG_20111025_171022.jpg

IMG_20111025_170152.jpg

IMG_20111025_170141.jpg

Video marty shot on my way by.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pitfool03?feature=chclk

cj45lc

Reaction score
Glad to see Marty is pretty good with the video cause he ain't hittin' on sh!t mechanicin'...lol

Looks like you got it running pretty good Robert

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Sick truck> I love flat beds. Now for wheels and a 6.0 front end? lol

For right now I have stock rims that are painted black that I want to try. Hoping to swap over to some 20's and nitto's eventually.

6.4 front end is the plan.

As for driving it. It is very responsive and turbo lights around 2000-2100 rpms. In my daily tune I see about 25-28# boost and around 22 backpressure. In my lowest hot tune I am seeing 48# boost and about 43# backpressure. I dont even believe that the wastegate is needed or has opened yet with this set-up. I have not ran any of the higher tunes as I am still trying to break in the clutch. I only have about 350 miles on her so far. One thing is for sure though, the 4.88's in the rear will be coming out and getting replaced with some 4.10. When I get into it I am speed shifting like a race car with how fast this thing lights off.

Cruising down the highway at 65 mph, 2100 rpm, I had bout 3# boost and egt's were 650ish.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
So I got a lil greedy on the way home from work. Had some frustrations to work out. I clicked it up 1 tune to my harder tune and the sob lights even faster. I had to pedel the truck from 2nd through 4th as traction was a big issue (It has been raining on and off today though). I have added to my "needs" list a locker for the rear when I re-gear it.

And yes it is a sleeper. I plan to enjoy the suprised looks that I get once people see what she is actually capable of. Especially once I get it all dialed in and on the dyno. Thinking bout making the trip down to beans for their winter event if all goes well. Maybe even a stop over at swamps for some live tuning on the way.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
For right now I have stock rims that are painted black that I want to try. Hoping to swap over to some 20's and nitto's eventually.

6.4 front end is the plan.

As for driving it. It is very responsive and turbo lights around 2000-2100 rpms. In my daily tune I see about 25-28# boost and around 22 backpressure. In my lowest hot tune I am seeing 48# boost and about 43# backpressure. I dont even believe that the wastegate is needed or has opened yet with this set-up. I have not ran any of the higher tunes as I am still trying to break in the clutch. I only have about 350 miles on her so far. One thing is for sure though, the 4.88's in the rear will be coming out and getting replaced with some 4.10. When I get into it I am speed shifting like a race car with how fast this thing lights off.

Cruising down the highway at 65 mph, 2100 rpm, I had bout 3# boost and egt's were 650ish.

I love it, thats exactly what I was waiting to hear! :rockon:
Where did you get that s466, and how are you liking the valair so far?

charlie-2

Reaction score
yes for flat beds! i got a 08 f-550 flat bed crew cab. its egr deleted, wastegated, spartin tuned, water meth, spearco intercooler. i love it keep up with the sleepers :naughty:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I love it, thats exactly what I was waiting to hear! :rockon:
Where did you get that s466, and how are you liking the valair so far?

I got the s466 through Marty's Diesel. Give him a call and he can set you up with one. As for the Valair, it is holding up so far. I had it slip a couple of times when I was getting into it hard but I only have 450 miles on it so it is still breaking in from what I understand. They told me 200 miles easy driving then slowly increase power over the next 300 miles.

As for pedal feel and all, it feels like stock and shifts easily. Feels like it takes a little bit more pressure to push the pedal down, but that could be in my head. I didn't drive the truck for 3 months so hard to judge before and after.

I know that when I talked to them back in june and ordered my clutch, they said they were working on a dual disc for the zf6 for those of us that have the capability for high hp numbers but still tow with our trucks. I have to call them back and check on the status of it as I am pretty sure I will swap out for that once it becomes available.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I got the s466 through Marty's Diesel. Give him a call and he can set you up with one. As for the Valair, it is holding up so far. I had it slip a couple of times when I was getting into it hard but I only have 450 miles on it so it is still breaking in from what I understand. They told me 200 miles easy driving then slowly increase power over the next 300 miles.

As for pedal feel and all, it feels like stock and shifts easily. Feels like it takes a little bit more pressure to push the pedal down, but that could be in my head. I didn't drive the truck for 3 months so hard to judge before and after.

I know that when I talked to them back in june and ordered my clutch, they said they were working on a dual disc for the zf6 for those of us that have the capability for high hp numbers but still tow with our trucks. I have to call them back and check on the status of it as I am pretty sure I will swap out for that once it becomes available.

Let me know before you do, I may be interested in the clutch you've got now if I haven't gotten one by then.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
So I now have a little over a 1k on the setup and I gotta say she runs great. No big issues so far. It is smoking a little more that I would like in couple of my medium tunes but I am sure with a few tuning tweeks that will be straightened out. In my DD tune I can floor it and she runs clean after a little puff.

I would reccommend this setup to anyone looking for a truck that can be daily driven, tow (10k), and have some go when wanted. I am not sure about towing heavy, as I have not had the chance to test it, but it will be tested in the next month or so and I will report back with my results.

Latest posts

Members online