Project: Reliability - Its 6.0 Delete Time

juniort444e

Reaction score
About damn time. Looks good matt.

Are those motor mounts beefier than what they look in the pic, because i keep looking at that pic and saying to myself that they dont look thick enough or something.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Yeah its a pretty nice piece! Definitley didnt wanna go and put the junk stock flexplate back in

Yeah I think you're movin a bit to much weight with a bit to much power for the stock one lol.

Awesome to see it comin together.

Matt_P

Reaction score
About damn time. Looks good matt.

Are those motor mounts beefier than what they look in the pic, because i keep looking at that pic and saying to myself that they dont look thick enough or something.

Thanks Greg! I didnt really have a picture of the destroked mounts but I can post one up if youd like to see a close up. I think they will be plenty strong but the tranny definitely needs to be bolted up to keep the engine from settling too far forward or backward

Minkalicious ..... That's a first LOL

Well you had the new graham cracker name for me so I had to come up with something LOL

Yeah I think you're movin a bit to much weight with a bit to much power for the stock one lol.

Awesome to see it comin together.

LOL yeah I dont think the stock one woulda lasted long, and thanks!

So have you and ray found some trays and a parking lot yet?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

haha no we havent had a chance too yet

bad12jr

Reaction score
Looks awesome man. Saved a good deal of headache by dumping the VP. About the closet thing to a 6.0 in the cummins world next to the 53 block.

Matt_P

Reaction score
I made some more progress today.

I got the airdog mounted up on the frame and ran the feed line, dont mind the picture showing the line all bunched up that will be fixed later. Also ran the fuel return line off the engine as well. I just need to get the sump on and run the feed line for that as well as the return line off the airdog.

I mounted the manifold up on the engine as well and Im definitely gonna have some fitment issues with the way I have it. Id have to modify the heater box somewhat to clear the wastegate if I want to run it that way so Im gonna try some other ways.

I also got the tranny mounted to the engine and moved the crossmember forward, net I need to get the 1 1/4" aluminum spacer machined to go between the ford trans mount and the transmission and itll be in place. For now its just sitting on the ford trans mount on the crossmember.
DSC01167.jpg

DSC01168.jpg

DSC01169.jpg

DSC01170.jpg

DSC01171.jpg

DSC01173.jpg

DSC01174.jpg

DSC01177.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score
lookin good Matt, lots of stuff you have to figure out as you go. Just don't rush it

Thanks! Im definitely making sure to take my time and do everything right. Ive referred to your pictures multiple times for pointers and now that I have the trans in I see exactly what you were talking about for making the shifter linkage mount and crossmember mount and Im just gonna do the same thing. So thank you again for all the help!

suprhlr

Reaction score
Thanks! Im definitely making sure to take my time and do everything right. Ive referred to your pictures multiple times for pointers and now that I have the trans in I see exactly what you were talking about for making the shifter linkage mount and crossmember mount and Im just gonna do the same thing. So thank you again for all the help!

No problem man, just to bad you gotta go (over there) to see the picsLOL
glad to help out with anything I can:D

bad12jr

Reaction score
Matt, the common rail manifold seems like it could sets the turbo further forward then the 12/24v. Not for sure if it will bolt to the head. May be an easy option the heater box problem.

Countryboy07

Reaction score
CR Manifold would set the turbo further forward, but you'd have to run a spacer to set the turbo higher so it doesn't interfere with the valve cover. At least that was my exeriance with my 24V and stock HE351CW trubo.

Latest posts

Members online