Project Wheels Up

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Nope.

Well right when I was getting the suspension dialed in I broke the trans again. Lol! I think it's the input shaft this time. I did 11.77@119mph before it broke though. I was shaving almost a full second off with every pass and trac bar adjustment.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Nope.

Well right when I was getting the suspension dialed in I broke the trans again. Lol! I think it's the input shaft this time. I did 11.77@119mph before it broke though. I was shaving almost a full second off with every pass and trac bar adjustment.
holy chit batman! what trans did you break this time?

live life full throttle

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
IMG_46884805585547.jpg

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
nice scrub marks and a hint of tire smoke! be way awesome when you get her to stay hooked up.. here comes the record mph!!

live life full throttle

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
LOL I didn't even notice that in the pic. Like I said, it clearly wasn't hooking. It was spinning a good ways down the track.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Yeah I'll probably touch up the whole truck before I take it out next. Hell if I'd just wipe all the dust off it'd look better. LOL

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I would go visit chad at holzman race cars and pay him for an hour of his time and have him tell you what you should do on the suspension. $50 and it might save you a ton of time testing. He helped us knock 0.10 off our 60.

Edit: bring your truck and videos

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
In case nobody has been watching on facebook, I've only taken the truck out twice this year. One of which I went sideways and hit the wall. I made up my mind I would make it 4x4, but we made a last ditch attempt to make it run straight. Well I have to say we're surprised at the outcome. We ran 12.2@119 fuel only. The surprising part though came from the fact that it ran great. It had no back brakes, but it ran straight as an arrow. 2.12 60' sucked, but from the 330' mark to 1/4 mile it was only .5 second slower than my 10.78 run with nitrous. And we added 200 lbs to the back of it even. We're also running some 12" wide slicks instead of 16". The rear brakes are junk so I said the hell with it and ordered a set of disk brakes and conversion kit for it. Brakes will be here in a few days so maybe we'll finally be able to do a boosted launch. I'm quietly optomistic.

Last edited: