Project Wheels Up

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
In case nobody has been watching on facebook, I've only taken the truck out twice this year. One of which I went sideways and hit the wall. I made up my mind I would make it 4x4, but we made a last ditch attempt to make it run straight. Well I have to say we're surprised at the outcome. We ran 12.2@119 fuel only. The surprising part though came from the fact that it ran great. It had no back brakes, but it ran straight as an arrow. 2.12 60' sucked, but from the 330' mark to 1/4 mile it was only .5 second slower than my 10.78 run with nitrous. And we added 200 lbs to the back of it even. We're also running some 12" wide slicks instead of 16". The rear brakes are junk so I said the hell with it and ordered a set of disk brakes and conversion kit for it. Brakes will be here in a few days so maybe we'll finally be able to do a boosted launch. I'm quietly optomistic.

Glad to see that you are finally figuring out how to setup the truck. Take it slow and don't change too many things at once. Getting the COG set correctly helps a ton, getting the suspension set to match that COG helps even more.

2010_07_16_01_05_27.jpg

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Nice tractor weights. I used 6.0 heads myself. LOLLOLLOL

Yes I might make it 4x4. Depends on how it goes the next time we're out.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
The problem is I don't take it out much. It goes to the track a couple times a year and we only make on average 3 passes. It's taking forever to get it dialed in.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Vinnie took the truck to the track. No nitrous though. The guys put the new disk brakes on last night. 11.2 on fuel only so far.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
But I am so frigging happy. I was done with it. I couldn't get it to drive straight for anything. I was seriously going to make it 4x4. I already have the axles. But one of my guys in the shop talked me into doing some stuff and trying again. I added 200 lbs to the back, got skinnier tires, swapped to disk rear brakes, and pus softer coil overs in the back. This thing squats and goes now. No loss of traction and no squirrelyness down the track. Beautiful. Now to fix it and turn it up a bit! We'll see what she can do!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Ha! That's just it. All it ran was an 11.0@125 with a 7.1@100 1/8 mile but we forgot to pull the dang air filter. Sucked it flat too! LOL The next run I broke the drive shaft at about 1000 feet. I coasted to an 11.9@89mph. Lol! The awesome part is I finally got my 60' down to 1.6.