question/tips/tricks/advice/how to thread

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
they handed me the code card and said to put it in my wallet so i did...

whats the IDS?

live life full throttle

the IDS is the cool little computer ford techs have and some small mechanic shops have that reads your truck. Its a new and improved Auto Enginuety (A/E)

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
have just under 1300miles on it... should prolly have dropped the oil by now to get the factory break in lube and other crap out of it... whats the norm on these things for doing that? the typical 500 miles or what?

live life full throttle

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
have just under 1300miles on it... should prolly have dropped the oil by now to get the factory break in lube and other crap out of it... whats the norm on these things for doing that? the typical 500 miles or what?

live life full throttle

when i left the dealer with mine i didnt got back till 9600 miles later when the light on the dash said i need to change my oil

c.jank

Reaction score
when i left the dealer with mine i didnt got back till 9600 miles later when the light on the dash said i need to change my oil

Hey i keep trying the key fob remote start thing but cant get it to work.. is that a trick??? haha i was able to do "pit stop" with my viper remote so it makes sense. I hate having to cut the truck at the gas station when i go inside.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
If I recall rightly you have to lock the truck, then lock it again so it beeps the horn.

Then press the remote start button 2x.

I'm not sure you can pit stop with the integrated remote start.

I have the older remote system in my 08 and it allows it but its not integrated (obviously).

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I've got 1700 miles on mine, about 700 of them towing my 6x10 enclosed v-nose trailer with either landscaping equipment or my 4 wheeler inside. Truck is absolutely flawless! Averaged about 12-14mpg at 75mph going to PA last weekend which was about 3mpg better than my Ecoboost would have done. I haven't reset trip B which says I'm averaging 15mpg all around. I love this truck!

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Hey i keep trying the key fob remote start thing but cant get it to work.. is that a trick??? haha i was able to do "pit stop" with my viper remote so it makes sense. I hate having to cut the truck at the gas station when i go inside.

put the truck in park, hit the lock button on the key 2x then the remote start button 2x turn key to off, remove key, truck should still be running at this point

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
NAV screen went black today for 15 seconds or so, than came back on and said "Performing Scheduled Maintenance." How often does it do this? Anyone else had this happen multiple times?

RedRice589

Reaction score
I haven't messed with sway control I know pullin a boat with my bros f150 it really helped. You literally felt the truck compensating for the boat swaying awesome then. . . Haven't had issues with mine yet.

sagebel

Reaction score
anyone messed with the trailer sway control to see if it actually does anything?

live life full throttle

I turned it off pulling our 31' TT going across I-90 in Eastern WA when there was a pretty strong side wind. It does work but I think you burn more fuel because of all the braking. I'll burn the fuel to have the added stability. It will not compensate for an improperly loaded trailer.

I have a used SPE Full Lock kit if anyone wants it. I am selling my truck and getting a dually. E-locker not available on a dually. I cannot find the directions but someone here should have them. $30+ride.

c.jank

Reaction score
put the truck in park, hit the lock button on the key 2x then the remote start button 2x turn key to off, remove key, truck should still be running at this point

Ive got it to work ONCE.... its hit or miss for me so far.. ill keep trying haha

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I turned it off pulling our 31' TT going across I-90 in Eastern WA when there was a pretty strong side wind. It does work but I think you burn more fuel because of all the braking. I'll burn the fuel to have the added stability. It will not compensate for an improperly loaded trailer.

I have a used SPE Full Lock kit if anyone wants it. I am selling my truck and getting a dually. E-locker not available on a dually. I cannot find the directions but someone here should have them. $30+ride.

how is the full lock kit installed?

live life full throttle