question/tips/tricks/advice/how to thread

Spindrift

Reaction score
Anyone put HID's in their truck? Thinking of doing 6k heads and fogs from Retro Solutions. Opinions?

I haven't but I'm wondering about how effective LEDs would be for the cab clearance lights.

Has anyone used the manual gear shifting feature on the shifter column? I'm doing my best to figure out why I would ever use something like that.

And while I'm trying to figure that out, I walk around with a super stupid grin lookin' at this truck. I really like my 2004 but this thing is pure class. Nobody around here has seen a truck with the golden bronze metallic paint.

sagebel

Reaction score
I have the retro-solutions 55w kit in the headlights and fogs. 4300 in the headlights and 3000 in the fogs. No complaints.

I put the truck in manual when stuck in traffic. Pick a gear that works and idle along. I sometimes manually downshift when not in tow/haul mode if I am coming off an off ramp or down a hill. When tow/haul is on there is no need to down shift. The shift strategy is plenty aggressive.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I haven't but I'm wondering about how effective LEDs would be for the cab clearance lights.

Has anyone used the manual gear shifting feature on the shifter column? I'm doing my best to figure out why I would ever use something like that.

And while I'm trying to figure that out, I walk around with a super stupid grin lookin' at this truck. I really like my 2004 but this thing is pure class. Nobody around here has seen a truck with the golden bronze metallic paint.

Good to hear Spin from a fellow Jersey guy! I thought about LED cab lights too, just bulbs in the stock housings.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I have the retro-solutions 55w kit in the headlights and fogs. 4300 in the headlights and 3000 in the fogs. No complaints.

I put the truck in manual when stuck in traffic. Pick a gear that works and idle along. I sometimes manually downshift when not in tow/haul mode if I am coming off an off ramp or down a hill. When tow/haul is on there is no need to down shift. The shift strategy is plenty aggressive.

How obnoxious are these at night?

sagebel

Reaction score
How obnoxious are these at night?

I don't get many people giving me the high beams. The fogs are more offensive than the headlights. I only use the fogs during the day or in rain/snow. I aimed my headlights down a little more when I put the HIDs in.

There is also no side to side adjustment so I got some longer screws and washers for the two inner screws and shimmed the headlights out. That seemed to really help even with stock bulbs.

alwil

Reaction score

Sometimes I lock out 6th gear when I am running around town other than that its kind of awkward to use for anything else I do.....truck shifts just fine on its own.

Latest posts

Members online