cbf9703

Reaction score
anyone have issues like this?
cade0de7924d726bace161a54edb00c2.jpg

live life full throttle

Nope, I know how to get a picture to focus. LOL

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
so another issue? might not be that big of one but my miles drivin on the trip odometer says 390.3 miles but the gps trip says 403.6 miles.. what one do you all think is more accurate?

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Assuming stock tires I would say the odometer. A 3% GPS offset is easily possible.
ok. but how much different is it from a 275/70/18 to a 275/65/18 tire? both tire options on the same truck only difference is a lariat vs xlt package?

live life full throttle

WHY NOT

Reaction score
just stopped at the ford house.. got some coolant. which is orange coolant for those of you wondering like i was.. got some vc12 additive also but the parts guy said theres no sense in getting it cuz they have never added or sold any of it but i said *** it anyway.. prolly add a dab when i top off my coolant in the morning...

they also havnt heard of the issue i am having with the gallons used so im thinking its reading off the pcm and the tune is making it read like its using less fuel like all the lie o meters do after they are tuned so i guess im back to writing down and hand calculating my mpg.. it has always been within a half mpg bit now itz no where close... gonna pull the tune and reload it to see if that makes any difference...

live life full throttle

I had this problem a while back when I tried some different tunes. Truck said I was getting like 19 and I barley got 12 and my gallons used was way off. Went back to the H&S tunes it they were pretty close as are my gear head tunes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cbf9703

Reaction score
ok. but how much different is it from a 275/70/18 to a 275/65/18 tire? both tire options on the same truck only difference is a lariat vs xlt package?

live life full throttle

About 3% difference according to the internet gods.
tire difference.jpg

I literally think I've only been able to trust the odometer the first month I bought my first truck. Haven't run complete stock set up since so it seems crazy to me to be checking the odometer to the GPS to compare accuracy. GPS is my go-to.

Assuming stock tires I would say the odometer. A 3% GPS offset is easily possible.
3% seems like a lot for a GPS to be off, especially once connected to 3+ satellites.

sagebel

Reaction score
View attachment 34218

I literally think I've only been able to trust the odometer the first month I bought my first truck. Haven't run complete stock set up since so it seems crazy to me to be checking the odometer to the GPS to compare accuracy. GPS is my go-to.

3% seems like a lot for a GPS to be off, especially once connected to 3+ satellites.

It does seem like a lot but 3% could be 3' for every 100'. In reality, the odometer to GPS difference is probably a little of both.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
View attachment 34218

but which one is the correct speed for the truck? both those tires come stock on my truck.. it just depends on if its a lariat or xlt.. guess what im wondering is if they correct the speedo for each tire...

live life full throttle

sagebel

Reaction score
Get on the road and set the cruise at 60mph then time how long it takes to drive a mile. One minute for every mile. You will gain accuracy with every mile timed.

PDT1081

Reaction score
so another issue? might not be that big of one but my miles drivin on the trip odometer says 390.3 miles but the gps trip says 403.6 miles.. what one do you all think is more accurate?

live life full throttle

What's your GPS say it's accuracy is? Mine is usually says "accurate within 9 feet" or so.

My speedometer and lie-o-meter were fairly close when running 285/70/17s. I switched back to 265/70/17s due to regening every 100 miles, and now my speedometer reads 5mph fast (compared to GPS), and the lie-o-meter isn't even close. Bone stock truck. The 285s were put on as a dealership dress up, so I highly doubt the speedometer was changed. The lie-o-meter was reading a consistent 1/2mpg high. Switched tires and it's between 2 and 3mpg high.

Reaction score
Would there be any downside or consquences of putting a tuner on the truck with it not deleted? I plan on deleting everything when my warranty ends. I have another year until it's out.

All I would have to do is get a tuner with DPF on tunes correct?

PDT1081

Reaction score
Would there be any downside or consquences of putting a tuner on the truck with it not deleted? I plan on deleting everything when my warranty ends. I have another year until it's out.

All I would have to do is get a tuner with DPF on tunes correct?

You should count on your warranty being voided as soon as you load a tune of any kind.

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. I figure that no matter if I unplug it and turn it to stock, they can still tell if I had a tuner hooked up.

I mean I don't plan on having any major problems. I have just over 35,000 on the truck but as soon as I load a tune something will happen and I'll have to take it in.

PDT1081

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. I figure that no matter if I unplug it and turn it to stock, they can still tell if I had a tuner hooked up.

I mean I don't plan on having any major problems. I have just over 35,000 on the truck but as soon as I load a tune something will happen and I'll have to take it in.
There is the Torq2, but I haven't been able to find much information on it. I think it's made by Innovative, but there's very little mention of it on their website. It's a plug and play module that's not supposed to leave any trace.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
There is the Torq2, but I haven't been able to find much information on it. I think it's made by Innovative, but there's very little mention of it on their website. It's a plug and play module that's not supposed to leave any trace.
i believe all the torq2 does is boost rail pressure.

live life full throttle

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
While trivial, I discovered that if I quick press the button to clean the windshield it will do a single swipe. There are times when I needed a follow up wipe or it's a very light misting rain and it works perfect. I hate turning the wipers on and off all the time when the delay isn't appropriate.

Chris

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
While trivial, I discovered that if I quick press the button to clean the windshield it will do a single swipe. There are times when I needed a follow up wipe or it's a very light misting rain and it works perfect. I hate turning the wipers on and off all the time when the delay isn't appropriate.

Chris
does your truck have the lcd display? you can set up the courtesy wipe which is the follow up wipe you just said you need.

btw, all superdutys do that with the quick click one wipe..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.