question/tips/tricks/advice/how to thread

Fosterchild23

Reaction score
Vancouver Island B.C. / Grande Prairie, Alberta
Yeah, I made a big ass mess with the first oil change on my '11 I had. I didn't get hit with hot oil but, I did get a bath.

Yes, you're thinking right. The only time it should do that is if you do it through the touch screen or cycle through your media options using the media button on the dash. Seek on the steering wheel should only cycle through the presets of the media section you're in. At least that's how my '11 was and '14 is.

So if I preset some channels on sat. Radio then the steering wheel controls will just take me through my preset or favourite channels?

Deep_6

Reaction score
I had an alarm installed on my 2016 so I'd like to not carry the alarm fob and fob'd key.

Can you get a 'plain' key for these latest model Super Duty's? If so, where?

PDT1081

Reaction score
I had an alarm installed on my 2016 so I'd like to not carry the alarm fob and fob'd key.

Can you get a 'plain' key for these latest model Super Duty's? If so, where?

Dealership. You can also buy blanks on amazon, but you'll need to program it to the truck.

Deep_6

Reaction score
Dealership. You can also buy blanks on amazon, but you'll need to program it to the truck.

I checked with the dealer yesterday and they say that non-fob keys are still not available. However, it wasn't clear which years that applies to other than '16's. Seems pretty ridiculous.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
anyone have issues with advanced trac/traction control reactivating on its own just driving dow the road? i hauled my dually home last night and on the way home after my last fuel stop it would just randomly say advanced trac/trac control on and then beep and show the squiggly lines on the dash.

live life full throttle

CallMeColt

Reaction score
I think unless you hold it down for a while it will come back on for safety. I haven't done it on my truck, but my 2010 Focus needed to be held down to stay off. When you just pressed it, it would only last a bit & after the wheels spun a bit, kicked in again.

Don't miss snow at all!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I think unless you hold it down for a while it will come back on for safety. I haven't done it on my truck, but my 2010 Focus needed to be held down to stay off. When you just pressed it, it would only last a bit & after the wheels spun a bit, kicked in again.

Don't miss snow at all!
i have never had an issue with it.. i get in the truck and after i start it, i push and hold till advanced trac off appears on the dash. i can whip chittys in my truck then.. but this time, for some ***in reason, while hauling my dually on my bro's gooseneck, prolly close to 16k lbs, it kicked it off just out of the blue, no spining, nothing, just taking off from the fuel stop...

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
a new cool thing happened tonight... well not cool at all... i hit the trac button to shut advanced trac off and it reset my mpg dash screen as if i was holding ok to reset. wtf over!

live life full throttle

wildkarrd

Reaction score
Does anyone use a fuel additive like Archoil?

That's all I use and all I'll ever use anymore. Used to use stanadyn, but after some testing archoil is the way to go. Better fuel mileage, lower temps, smoother running engine and no gelling issues at all.

Sent from a Well Head

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
does/has anyone have/had issues with a ABS light and service anti tract popping up on the screen? got to work this morning and stopped at our office trailer and when i went back to the truck and put it in gear thats when the lights on the dash popped up.. only thing i noticed was that i might of have some snow packed in the rims but other than that, nothing!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Jomax

Reaction score
does/has anyone have/had issues with a ABS light and service anti tract popping up on the screen? got to work this morning and stopped at our office trailer and when i went back to the truck and put it in gear thats when the lights on the dash popped up.. only thing i noticed was that i might of have some snow packed in the rims but other than that, nothing!

live life full throttle

Check the abs harness behind the driver side fender liner. There has been occurrences where the wire was chaffed in the wire loom.

It could defiantly be the snow. Some guys had issues when it would rain.

Do you have any codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Check the abs harness behind the driver side fender liner. There has been occurrences where the wire was chaffed in the wire loom.

It could defiantly be the snow. Some guys had issues when it would rain.

Do you have any codes?

ok. thanks man! ill check it out.. i kinda like not having to push the traction control button all the dam time though! if the stupid warning wouldn't come on or abs light then i would just leave it... lol

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
lots of wires behind fender liner.. holy crap..
5a343c4ca8e904eab735e6f07cd18811.jpg

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
my hands where froze so i didn't dig into the wires and i went back to the rear axle to pull the sensors and clean the connections and found this..
d83c40bac8982a24e1e4d7937fe315e9.jpg

2f2c2b247510e115047fb24d564d7f8a.jpg

for some reason, my torque app was reading that the left rear sensor was reading 0mph all the time but that is the pigtail for the right rear that broke.

anyway, i rigged a couple small female connectors to fit inside the male sensor side connector that atleast let me figure out that it fixed it so now i need a new pigtail and connector from the main harness to fix it propper...

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
my hands where froze so i didn't dig into the wires and i went back to the rear axle to pull the sensors and clean the connections and found this..
d83c40bac8982a24e1e4d7937fe315e9.jpg

2f2c2b247510e115047fb24d564d7f8a.jpg

for some reason, my torque app was reading that the left rear sensor was reading 0mph all the time but that is the pigtail for the right rear that broke.

anyway, i rigged a couple small female connectors to fit inside the male sensor side connector that atleast let me figure out that it fixed it so now i need a new pigtail and connector from the main harness to fix it propper...

live life full throttle

Glad you got it figured out!!