Real Tuning

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So whats the scoop on the tuning. Looks like PPEI is very close

a month or 2 at the earliest. it's getting there. ive been running the sotf ecm flash . it's all pre testing for the obd2 flash version, i think it makes 500 or so , and runs much better.

ckrueg

Reaction score
Looks like patriot also has tuning in testing as well. I believe it is still ecm flash though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
Based off all the really good results PPEI is having with newer duramax and cummins platforms, I probably wouldn't use anyone but them for the 17+ powerstrokes either.

08Monster

Reaction score
a month or 2 at the earliest. it's getting there. ive been running the sotf ecm flash . it's all pre testing for the obd2 flash version, i think it makes 500 or so , and runs much better.
Are these really only making 500?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Are these really only making 500?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

no trans tuning, so nobody wants to push it. the higher #'s posted have been with streetmax , but i'd prefer not to have no trans tuning at that power level .

F

Floorboard79

Figures on the turbo
Any idea what size?

Im more looking forward to trans tuning than ecm tuning, stock shifting is horrible

Black AOD

Reaction score
Dorian @ PSE told me trans tuning will be available. It should come soon after the custom engine files are available.

Reaction score
I really hope the good ol days of being able to run some good tunes on 6.7s and 6r140s isnt coming to an end. It seems like these 2017s are really fighting back in the tuning world more than other years in the past. I know people are saying they are doing some engine tuning that is always "coming soon", but in my opinion that doesnt do a whole lot of good unless you can back that extra power with the right trans tuning. I hope these new engines/trans get figured out! But hats off to the guys working on it, I know it seems like they are all trying their best to get stuff figured out!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
trans tuning is available , on a seperate device right now.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I really hope the good ol days of being able to run some good tunes on 6.7s and 6r140s isnt coming to an end. It seems like these 2017s are really fighting back in the tuning world more than other years in the past. I know people are saying they are doing some engine tuning that is always "coming soon", but in my opinion that doesnt do a whole lot of good unless you can back that extra power with the right trans tuning. I hope these new engines/trans get figured out! But hats off to the guys working on it, I know it seems like they are all trying their best to get stuff figured out!

I think you're a little too worried lol.

Tuning the 13+ cummins took a while to master as well. And look at it now. Tons of options.

Now the L5P Duramax...that's a whole different bunch of bananas there....

Reaction score
I think you're a little too worried lol.

Tuning the 13+ cummins took a while to master as well. And look at it now. Tons of options.

Now the L5P Duramax...that's a whole different bunch of bananas there....

Yeah, I guess I am LOL

I've just been extremely excited to see what this next gen is capable of and cant wait to get all the good stuff once its available. Its like waiting for Christmas morning as a kid again...just Santa hasnt come yet.

Do you know why the L5P is so hard to work with right now? It doesnt sound like the new power strokes are easy either, but heard that the L5P is damn near impossible to work with.

Mts678

Reaction score
I checked this thread almost every morning, hoping to see that tunes are available Lol