Real Tuning

F

Floorboard79

that tease Kory from ppei gave everyone on facebook a week or so ago got my hopes up, i know better than that though.....

Im really looking forward to trans tuning more than sotf/ more power anyway

Reaction score
You and me both, the 17 is such a disappointment. The lack of any kind of power sucks.

I would by no means EVER say the 17 is a disappointment. My truck is a beast in stock form especially when compared to the prior years stock vs stock. I absolutely love these 17s way more than prior gens. My main reason for wanting good tuning isnt because I feel the truck is under powered, but rather to improve certain "components" on the engine without losing power with the mexico tune. Now, I wouldnt complain if the result is more power of course! LOL

Blackdawg

Reaction score
You and me both, the 17 is such a disappointment. The lack of any kind of power sucks.

Not sure what you're used to but for most of the rest of the world a stock '17 PSD is an extremely powerful truck. I've owned late model Cummins 6.7 and earlier gen 6.7 Ford PSD. The '17 PSD is noticeably more powerful towing heavy loads imo and has better staying power at speed. Unloaded it's not even close. 0-60 in the 7's from a stock diesel CC 4x4 sucks? Sure tuned right is awesome but let's get real and not compare apples to oranges. For a stock truck it's very strong.

SoGrand

Reaction score
I wish my boat weighed 16,000. I'm at 22,000 dry. Back to the thread and I just hope that when tuning is released that they have done there homework on the tunes and the trans tuning cause I have tried the Stealth module that didn't really do anything but had no check engine lights and the TS module that I could tell added more power but check engine lights all the time and have thrown both of them in the garbage.

maxxedout

Reaction score
It is disappointing how little progress has been made on the tuning side of things, especially since these trucks have been out for a while. S*partan has been hinting at "big things coming" via Facebook, but it looks like all they were talking about is OST functions for 11-16 trucks. While that is quite an accomplishment, it's a shame that 17 tuning doesn't even appear to be on the near horizon. Also, I can't say I'd spend any money with them because they seem to disappear whenever there's a driveability issue or CEL that can't be fixed quickly and easily. Not looking to start anything, but I think there are still people on here with their tunes and CEL's due to high flow intakes.

Getting back on track, my 17 runs strong enough that I'm not even interested in an all out race tune. Something mild with better transmission shifting would be great, and if the truck picks up some mileage from certain components "falling off", that's even better.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
LOL maybe with a running start.

Ya I usually don't stop at the bottom that would be unsafe and probably cause an accident.

That is fair, some of the long steeper stuff I do get a little momentum. Still it isn't to big of a drop off from my 2012 with a turbo etc.

Last edited:
F

Floorboard79

buddy sent me screenshot from ****book, looks like kem is on the "big things coming" bandwagon.

So everyone is close, does that mean a week or another year? lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
buddy sent me screenshot from ****book, looks like kem is on the "big things coming" bandwagon.

So everyone is close, does that mean a week or another year? lol

i sent an obd2 tuner to someone today. they should be testing any minute. its here, just need to test.

F

Floorboard79

the tunes have been out awhile now from what i understand via ecm flash, i think obd has been the hangup.

Anyone know if anyone has even messed with tcm tuning?

Thats good news mike! thanks

ckrueg

Reaction score
the tunes have been out awhile now from what i understand via ecm flash, i think obd has been the hangup.

Anyone know if anyone has even messed with tcm tuning?

Thats good news mike! thanks
Technically anyone could tune the transmission, HP tuners allows anyone with the software to make changes. Surprised there's not more people using it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Technically anyone could tune the transmission, HP tuners allows anyone with the software to make changes. Surprised there's not more people using it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

really isnt a big deal at 500-ish .. but those with streetmax, etc.. definitely need it. i have ecm flash and i think its 500 ish , trans shifts flawlessly at this power level, but there will be the trans flash option coming soon along with the obd2 tunes.

Mts678

Reaction score
f0902afc62063e39a0178d507c9e95e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
just what we need....oralling the cole on a public street....smh

F

Floorboard79

i cant find the damn fuel screw, is there a tamper cover im missing some where? Where is the pre-boost fuel adjustment? cant find it either...tired of this lag. What are all these damned wires for?

Members online

No members online now.