rebuilding for 550 hp.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
hahaha. Well I wish i was closer as well, that way i knew how the truck would perform once i get it all done.
just find some kid on the side of the street and pay him with a candy bar to record your run dwon the road. i'm sure the kid would love candy

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
250/80s if youre towing. If the rest of my truck was a good trailer puller, im sure this is the setup i'd have on it. im not sold on the 200% nozzle thing yet, i still havent seen enough to sell me on them if this the hp you're shooting for.

I have 200 nozzles on my dually... And I agree with you... I wish they were 100s

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
That's the thing, everyone who sits behind their keyboard says that it can be dealt with in tuning, but I've only seen a handful of trucks with 200% nozzles run like they claim the 200% to be so magnificent.

mattman347

Reaction score
200% nozzle is best when live tuned, most of the people recommending the 200 tune their trucks themselves or have had a tuner ride with them.

ToMang07

Reaction score
They don't tow badly the tunes are fine if you drive it right but I think it would be better with a smaller nozzle...

That's what I don't understand.... Why? I would think the bigger nozzle would allow for shorter shots saving oil, and more fuel as needed. I just don't get why smaller nozzles would be better.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
sounds like a 250/100 combo has better response for towing, and not having it live tuned. I won't be able to have it live tuned and i just want a multi-functional truck that will be able to clear up most of the extra fuel

TyCorr

Reaction score
I think the 200% nozzle CAN be what people are claiming. I would agree with what Matt said about tuning. I think the problem is that injector, particularly a hybrid with a 200% edm nozzle, is.affected by everything else on the truck and the injectors are the last PART in a SYSTEM. A canned tune.can only be close as its written to "work" with any combination of parts hewn together to serve the injectors. I would factor live tuning into my build price for anything 238/80 or larger. Occasionally a thread pops up with a truck that was live tuned that makes x hp more than is typically considered "normal" for that particular inj. Live tuning is usually utilized in these cases. A lot of what Matt @gearhead has done with the 238cc hybrid with 80% edm nozzles was pretty amazing when it surpassed the 500 hp mark. Now its expected that inj will make that much hp. The 200%+ nozzles are the same.

97stoker350

Reaction score
so if im going with 250/100s with supporting mods and tonys tunes it will run better and make more power with 238/80s with a stock turbo??? no towing in the equation DD

Smokin6-0

Reaction score
That's what I don't understand.... Why? I would think the bigger nozzle would allow for shorter shots saving oil, and more fuel as needed. I just don't get why smaller nozzles would be better.

I'm with you on this one. I just don't understand "yet". Hopefully some of these guys with a little more knowledge will address this. I love these thread because they always teach me something.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
No that would be stupid...

Whys that? If I understand it right, it will allow the same amount of fuel to be sprayed in les time in return using less oil? Right or wrong? If it uses less oil then my hpop wouldn't run almost 68% dc. Also with correct tuning less smoke because it wouldn't have to spray longer?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
OK guys... right here right now. Spraying the same amount of fuel in less time without changing the injection ratio of the injector uses MORE oil. The oil consumption flow rate has to increase - now the duty cycle of the injection system might go down, and since there is more "off" time for the entire injection system the IPR duty cycle to maintain an average pressure might be lower, but that doesn't mean you are actually using less oil.

If I have a hybrid injector and I want to inject 100cc of fuel in in 2ms of time - that takes 500cc of oil in 2ms of time. Now I inject that same amount of fuel in 1.5ms.... that means I need the same amount of oil in that same time window - therefore I need a HIGHER instantaneous flow rate entering that injector.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Whys that? If I understand it right, it will allow the same amount of fuel to be sprayed in les time in return using less oil? Right or wrong? If it uses less oil then my hpop wouldn't run almost 68% dc. Also with correct tuning less smoke because it wouldn't have to spray longer?

I could be wrong... but those injectors don't move enough fuel to be able to utilize that large of a nozzle. You're talking 80cc less.

Smokin6-0

Reaction score
OK guys... right here right now. Spraying the same amount of fuel in less time without changing the injection ratio of the injector uses MORE oil. The oil consumption flow rate has to increase - now the duty cycle of the injection system might go down, and since there is more "off" time for the entire injection system the IPR duty cycle to maintain an average pressure might be lower, but that doesn't mean you are actually using less oil.

If I have a hybrid injector and I want to inject 100cc of fuel in in 2ms of time - that takes 500cc of oil in 2ms of time. Now I inject that same amount of fuel in 1.5ms.... that means I need the same amount of oil in that same time window - therefore I need a HIGHER instantaneous flow rate entering that injector.
Ok, the oil requirement makes sense but let's talk about overall drivability and tunability. Why would a 200% nozzle be inferior to a 100% nozzle on a truck that was not "maxing out" the injector with either nozzle? I would think that if yo had enough oil a larger nozzle would allow the required fuel to be injected later, ultimately creating safer power. Ready to listen.

Latest posts

Members online