rebuilding for 550 hp.

davey99ps

Reaction score
I think all this injector an nozzle talk should be moved to a new separate thread instead of derailing the op's thread. I'm also curious about nozzles myself, I've been going back an forth between putting 200% nozzles on my current sticks or just getting a set of 300/200s

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Charles would say there's no reason for smaller then a 200% in any application. But again he does his own tuning. Basicly intensive live tuning by a competent willing tuner is a must.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
i don't mind it at all, i'm learning more than i thought i would. I'm just glad its a topic that will affect my build down the road. I"m considering 250/100's for my truck considering i do alot of towing. i'd rather be able to utilize the injectors efficietnly because i won't be able to get it live tuned. Unless Beans or TW comes in my area

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Makes sense.. I'm not saying a 200 nozzle isn't has good when tuned right but for most people that are just having there chips sent off and burnt 100s are Sufficient..

TyCorr

Reaction score
Doesnt one of his trucks have 300/100s though?

Yeah its a 450 with a.38r. I remember clearly its.set.to.run @300hp all day. The inj's are irrelevant other than the egts are LOW due to using that size nozzle for that power output. His red truck with compounds has.400/400's.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Fwiw, Curtis is.making cool, easy power on PMRs with 250/200's. Lower egts than stock with more power and less of everything.bad. Buuuut he.tunes it himself and runs ultra low injection timing and is.very particular about when fuel.comes in. Id.say.use a person who engages you in conversation when you say "I wanna run 300cc inj with 200 over nozzles. If they tell you they're bad then you probably should find a different tuner, rotb.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
so, with a full motor rebuild and ofcourse all the proper internal supporting mods and enough fuel, what would be hp/torque range for my s366 and a set of 250/100's ?

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
I would say 525-550 is about the most you'll get out of a 366 on a 7.3, I've heard that from quite a few sources and I proved it myself

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
i guessed that would be around the hp area. But Vader asked my next question? And also, would the turbo,tunes be able to clean up that much fuel without smoking out the road/running to hot when i tow?

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
We don't want to discuss that :( the trans tuning on my chip drops out of od easily to prevent the engine from lugging down low, exactly what you don't want on a dyno, so they had to START the run around 2250 rpm and by that time I had probably already passed the peak torque by the time the power comes on.. need me a dyno tune.

Latest posts

Members online