rebuilding for 550 hp.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
now i understand completely. I retract my last statement, I was thinking that the tuning was off. But after thinking about it, thats a pretty good idea because lugging the engine could possibly wash the walls down, right?

TyCorr

Reaction score
now i understand completely. I retract my last statement, I was thinking that the tuning was off. But after thinking about it, thats a pretty good idea because lugging the engine could possibly wash the walls down, right?

I dont think that.could happen with any.custom tuning...the egts would.get stupid hot,.fast and it'd smoke.like.a pig.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
that was another question i had. even with good tuning, if it would happen to downshift while towing, I was afraid it would still push excess fuel into the chamber.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
excess fuel would only make excess smoke out the tailpipe :shrug: no washing down of cylinders with anything any of us are ever going to run

TyCorr

Reaction score
excess fuel would only make excess smoke out the tailpipe :shrug: no washing down of cylinders with anything any of us are ever going to run

Quoted for.emphasis and agreement.

If.one.is.towing, use a tow tune or if your motor and drivetrain are fresh watch temps.and adjust your driving. I personally think a hybrid with 80% nozzles would tow fine.ina.higher setting that was custom tuned. Unless you.are trying to tug a 20k lb trailer uphill.

Latest posts

Members online