Redneck, cheap dual hpop

Dalpilot

Reaction score
It feeds the 1 qt resevoir, there is no way your gonna drain that on a 1/4 mile pass or a hard pull at 70PSI on the LPOP. If you could stay in it for a very long time then yes its possible, but with 430 injectors your gonna melt something long before that happened.

Canadianredneck

Reaction score
Well we went out on the hwy last night for a test spin of the new setup and it works awesome! Holds 4000psi oil pressure right through the rpms and still extra fuel to burn at max rpm. This thing is gonna be nasty the next time it goes down a track!

Buffalo444

Reaction score
OK. Got a few questions.

I know this is for a 6.0, but is this doable on a 7.3? I get the concept of it, and if its relatively concrete (i.e. I could draw it up) then I'd do it. a 70$ hydralic pump v.s. a 700$ srp1.... well the choice should be obvious. lol.

Does the hydralic pump feed directly to the oil rails or the the HPOP or somewhere in between? I could see hooking it up to the HPO rails, then the IPR would sense the oil pressures and only open up to use the HPOP to supplement those pressures, thus keeping the HPOP or IPR duty cycle low, or how ever it works (I know what I'm trying to say.)

What is it exactly that feeds this thing? Do you tap into the HPOP resevoir? Hows that work?

On a side note... I'm all for DIY. I really like the concept of this mod and hope it can be applied to a 7.3. If it can be, this could be one of the next big DIY mods, like the hutch, DIY intake, or CCV. This is obviously a little more involved (LOL) but I think it seems doable.

If any of yall are uncomfortable talking about this in the forum, p.m. me. I am HIGHLY interested. thanks yall.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Well we went out on the hwy last night for a test spin of the new setup and it works awesome! Holds 4000psi oil pressure right through the rpms and still extra fuel to burn at max rpm. This thing is gonna be nasty the next time it goes down a track!
I guess that answers the question I had about potential belt slippage at high load/high rpm situations.

Great job guys! Can't wait to see what it does at the track!

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
sorry guys i used to give out all kinds of free info cause i wanted everyone togo fast, however Richard feels that i need to be #1(even thou i'm one of the guys who posts pics of everything we do so others can try it on there own too) so this setup is staying under a closed hood till it proves it self down the track, took a bit of time takings the stixs out and putting them back in, basically took them out three times and stroked the injectors till the truck would only hold onto 1800psi stock, with my dual pump setup it holds 4000psi the full pull. on fuel only the truck has never pulled so hard. before on fuel only i was only pulling 28psi from the s510, now i'm pulling 40psi from the big charger. once it proves itself instead of seat of the pants feel, i'll show more pics and more info. theres way to many guys out there that say seat of the pants feel is great but proves crap at the track. before at full boost i had a very light haze, now she has a very dirty stack, pulling more boost so we're very happy so far

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
OK. Got a few questions.

I know this is for a 6.0, but is this doable on a 7.3? I get the concept of it, and if its relatively concrete (i.e. I could draw it up) then I'd do it. a 70$ hydralic pump v.s. a 700$ srp1.... well the choice should be obvious. lol.

Does the hydralic pump feed directly to the oil rails or the the HPOP or somewhere in between? I could see hooking it up to the HPO rails, then the IPR would sense the oil pressures and only open up to use the HPOP to supplement those pressures, thus keeping the HPOP or IPR duty cycle low, or how ever it works (I know what I'm trying to say.)

What is it exactly that feeds this thing? Do you tap into the HPOP resevoir? Hows that work?

On a side note... I'm all for DIY. I really like the concept of this mod and hope it can be applied to a 7.3. If it can be, this could be one of the next big DIY mods, like the hutch, DIY intake, or CCV. This is obviously a little more involved (LOL) but I think it seems doable.

If any of yall are uncomfortable talking about this in the forum, p.m. me. I am HIGHLY interested. thanks yall.

all you need is a powerstering resevor off of a IH Version of the 7.3L.. They call that mod the Gen3..

But I think you could make your own set up preety easy.. just desine it so the belt turns the pump..

The problem would be finding the room for it..

Dzchey21

Reaction score
sorry guys i used to give out all kinds of free info cause i wanted everyone togo fast, however Richard feels that i need to be #1(even thou i'm one of the guys who posts pics of everything we do so others can try it on there own too) so this setup is staying under a closed hood till it proves it self down the track, took a bit of time takings the stixs out and putting them back in, basically took them out three times and stroked the injectors till the truck would only hold onto 1800psi stock, with my dual pump setup it holds 4000psi the full pull. on fuel only the truck has never pulled so hard. before on fuel only i was only pulling 28psi from the s510, now i'm pulling 40psi from the big charger. once it proves itself instead of seat of the pants feel, i'll show more pics and more info. theres way to many guys out there that say seat of the pants feel is great but proves crap at the track. before at full boost i had a very light haze, now she has a very dirty stack, pulling more boost so we're very happy so far

Glad to see you got it working u have a ton f hard work and time n that sounds like that 510 is happy with all the added fuel

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
It feeds the 1 qt resevoir, there is no way your gonna drain that on a 1/4 mile pass or a hard pull at 70PSI on the LPOP. If you could stay in it for a very long time then yes its possible, but with 430 injectors your gonna melt something long before that happened.

If you spin over 4200rpm with our Twin pump setup you WILL run low on oil pressure during a quarter mile pass, been there done that.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
If you spin over 4200rpm with our Twin pump setup you WILL run low on oil pressure during a quarter mile pass, been there done that.

Matt Moroni has been running your guys dual pumps with great success to date, he only spins his motor to 4000rpm with no low pressure issues,

anybody wanting more oil i recommend elite's dual kit for its proven it self. its a nice complete proffesional kit

motoxracer42

Reaction score
i need to ask eric what im running for rpm lol. i think he has me at 4500 or something but i havent watched my lpo gauge going down the track. i have a go pro mounted in the truck to watch my gauges but i forget to turn it on every pass. the damn harness keeps me from reaching anywhere.

nvme_63

Reaction score

Ready to share any info on the set up yet?

Latest posts

Members online