reg cab short bed build

JMart

Reaction score
What are your plans performance wise?

If I get the money maybe a 38r and some stage II's and a BTS, but thats down the road a ways. Right now it just has a TW chip.

When I am donw with school, the budget is going out the window, so who knows at that point. But I am thinking designated drag truck and a full rebuild.

:whs: And what about paint?
Color wont change, but after I get everything shaved, the dents fixed and new door hung, I will get it done right.

JMart

Reaction score
Nice farm truck btw LOL And are you going to get it painted right?

Yeah eventually. The estimates I have gotten so far are higher then the cost of the truck, so it will probably be the last thing done.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
That's come a long ways for sure! Very impressive work done with a single car garage!

How did you paint the truck anyways? Did you use an HPLV gun?

John

Reaction score
That's come a long ways for sure! Very impressive work done with a single car garage!

How did you paint the truck anyways? Did you use an HPLV gun?

I think you mean HVLP.

HVLP = High Volume Low pressure

Jmart - Nice project!

DcMoore

Reaction score
Yeah eventually. The estimates I have gotten so far are higher then the cost of the truck, so it will probably be the last thing done.

Well I don't mean be rude but your truck looks great except for the zebra stripe flat black paint job... Really you did alot of work in that little garage.

JMart

Reaction score
Cool build for sure!

Thanks

Well I don't mean be rude but your truck looks great except for the zebra stripe flat black paint job... Really you did alot of work in that little garage.

Yeah the paint still needs work. I still have some dents around the rear wheel wells and the door handles need to be shaved, then I will clean it up.

Dont worry, I dont think that was a rude comment. My woman tells me about it every time she see it. LOL

The next mod will be batteries. It started slow cranking the last couple of days.:(

apollyon9515

Reaction score
Looks very very nice, not to be to personal. But do you mind giving us a ball park for each step/thing done? I was planning to do a similar thing to my truck BUT i decided to do this first....
truckcrash.jpg

Maybe ill do another shorty build, i do miss how easy it was to turn and maneuver the 2wd single cab.

JMart

Reaction score
Yep, forgot to read it to myself to make sure it was the right abreviation.

Once again, you've done a good job!

Thanks

What size tires are those?

285/50R20

Man I want a short bed single cab bad!!! You and Joe (Extreme4x4) are killing me!!

Looks good!!!!

Yeah Joe got lucky and found one with the hard work done. LOL

Clean up the grounds on your engine first. If you haven't done so

They are good. I cleaned them up whenever I had to remove them to do the welding. I put some electrical grease on them to prevent any corroding. they are just cheap batteries and I don't know how old, so I didn't expect much out of them.

Latest posts

Members online