reg cab short bed build

JMart

Reaction score
Looks very very nice, not to be to personal. But do you mind giving us a ball park for each step/thing done? I was planning to do a similar thing to my truck BUT i decided to do this first....
truckcrash.jpg

Maybe ill do another shorty build, i do miss how easy it was to turn and maneuver the 2wd single cab.

That sucks.
It was kinda hard to keep up with what I spent on the truck and just on tools to build this thing. I think I am in to it for close to $14k with parts, materials, tools, and the cost of the truck. That includes the leather seats I have being shipped in too though.

Truck looks good man. I've always wanted to do a 6.4 version.

That may be next if I get a better work space.

Great work.

Giving me motivation to get to work on mine.

Thanks

Nice build man.

Thanks

Very good build considering the small 1 car garage. Cant wait to see it done.

Thanks. The small space has been a large battle.

Very nice project!

Thanks

Great job so far Im just not a fan of the color.

Its not for everybody. It will get more towards a satin color and less flat when it is done

Looks good !!!! I'm the biggest fan of the shorty trucks :D

Thats a big compliment coming from you. It doesnt hold a candle to your work but thanks.

great build! what part of dallas are you in?

Far north. Near where Plano and Carrollton meet.

man that looks great. makes me want to build a nice street truck

Thanks.

jngreen

Reaction score
I like the flat black paint job. Its almost like a newer version of a rat rod, sure it would be nice to have one with fresh shiny paint but then everyone would assume that you paid to have the entire truck built. This way, everyone knows that you built it.

JMart

Reaction score
I like the flat black paint job. Its almost like a newer version of a rat rod, sure it would be nice to have one with fresh shiny paint but then everyone would assume that you paid to have the entire truck built. This way, everyone knows that you built it.

Thats a good way to put it. :D

JMart

Reaction score
I got my seats in today. Time to gut the interior and start recoloring it.

Big Calo

Reaction score
First of all great build! Got an OBS with a "one of these days dreams". :doh:

Second you may have done this but what about having the line on the tailgate filled in? Think it would help smooth it up a bit. Keep up the good work!

truck027.jpg
[/QUOTE]

JMart

Reaction score
I was planning on doing that but I wasnt sure about if I was going to put the cap back on. Im not puttin the cap back on and I have a way to smoot out the top so next time I start working on the bed I will be filling that line in.

I started working on the interior finally.
truck029.jpg

truck030.jpg

truck031.jpg

There was a lot of caked on red dirt in there. The only thing still in the truck is the dashboard. I have to get some of these other pieces died and put back on so I have some room for the dash.

03-Blue-Powerstroke

Reaction score
There was a lot of caked on red dirt in there. The only thing still in the truck is the dashboard. I have to get some of these other pieces died and put back on so I have some room for the dash.

I don't know if you mentioned it earlier, but I would put sound deadener in while it's gutted.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.