reg cab short bed build

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I like when Joe posted this:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz28-2008-ford-super-duty-f-250-350-4.jpg

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
I'm ready to get started on my 4x4 shorty the front will prob be close to stock height an the rear will be dropped to match front

JMart

Reaction score
OBS reg cab shorty 4x4 would be sweet. F-150, but you get the idea.

picture.jpg

An OBS would just look like an F150. The shorty Super Duty is something different, because nothing like it was factory made. A lot of the people I come in contact with dont believe my truck is a Super Duty. Some have even asked me why I am putting diesel in it when I am at the station. One guy even thought it was a dodge. I know some guys doing the OBS shortys but they are just using an F150 frame and bolting everything on from there. IF there wasnt a difference in the appearance between the F150-F350, I wouldnt have bothered with this build.

Im not so much concerned about the diesel motor as much as I am knowing that when I drive around I will not see another truck that looks even close to mine.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
An OBS would just look like an F150. The shorty Super Duty is something different, because nothing like it was factory made. A lot of the people I come in contact with dont believe my truck is a Super Duty. Some have even asked me why I am putting diesel in it when I am at the station. One guy even thought it was a dodge. I know some guys doing the OBS shortys but they are just using an F150 frame and bolting everything on from there. IF there wasnt a difference in the appearance between the F150-F350, I wouldnt have bothered with this build.

Im not so much concerned about the diesel motor as much as I am knowing that when I drive around I will not see another truck that looks even close to mine.

Exactly....its the fact that its something that was never actually produced that gives it the WOW factor!!

JMart

Reaction score
Interior transformation

when I got it
62bac6d5.jpg

now
truck033.jpg

truck032.jpg

Still got some cleaning to do. The dash still needs work and cleaning.

JMart

Reaction score
How did you paint every thing?

Cleaned the hell out of it, scuffed it, then sprayed a few coats of dupli-color on it. I dont know how well it will hold up, but I tried to scratch some of it off and it seems to be holding up well enough so far. Some of the plastics were in pretty bad shape so if I have to replace them later its no big deal.

HD F250

Reaction score
Good looking build!!!

Where did u get the seats, they look pretty nice. What brand are they so I can do some research.

Thanks!

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Cleaned the hell out of it, scuffed it, then sprayed a few coats of dupli-color on it. I dont know how well it will hold up, but I tried to scratch some of it off and it seems to be holding up well enough so far. Some of the plastics were in pretty bad shape so if I have to replace them later its no big deal.

Interior looks excellent! If the painted dash pieces start to scratch or peel, take it back down to the bare plastic and try using an adhesion promotor first, then prime and paint.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.