Regulated Return with fuel bowl

Southmike

Reaction score
you can run a stock bowl up to 500plus...I know of a few di trucks that had them.
prob 600. they ditch them cause of looks, they are cracked..or dont want to work around them.

there is no real performance reason to ditch it at most peoples level.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im suspecting he was using CHEAP'o filters. I asked him why his filters werent working and he said "i dunno." I asked him about him buying cheap a$$ filters and his he said no but his brother who was standing there said "If there was something cool looking on sale that week then he bought a ten dollar filter. Good luck trying to tell him that though. He knows EVERYTHING!"

I think we've got our answer. Once the air cleared from this conversation he asked me about running 10w30 in his truck since the 5w40 was getting too expensive.

Id still ditch it if I did a RR just because it takes up too much real estate in the valley and is one more thing I have to look around/under when Im looking for leaks or bad hpo lines.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Exactly why I am doing it.

Yeah this seems to be the only real reason for doing such.

Ive been corrected on increased pressure, such as that provided by a rr, causing filters to warp or disfigure.

Still wanna get that SOB out of the valley.

Im 6'3, my trucks lifted 6", and I can rest my chin on the leading edge of the hood w/o slumping too much. The less I have to climb up there, the better.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have no proof, and could be completely wrong, but I think at HP levels 600 and up it may be a restriction. In my case it's a roadblock for the fuel system I'm building in addition to the other issues.

Good call! Ive got similar reasons for wanting to see mine gone. There is other stuff that could go in that very space.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Don't know how much HP Brian Thompson is running in his race truck but he still has the factory filter bowl in place.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Good call! Ive got similar reasons for wanting to see mine gone. There is other stuff that could go in that very space.

I like the idea of nothing there. Right now I'm planning to use the factory fuel bowl mounting for the fuel block I have and tuck it up nice to the HPOP reservoir out of the way using the factory bolts through the res so I can get to the twin pumps easily.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I like the idea of nothing there. Right now I'm planning to use the factory fuel bowl mounting for the fuel block I have and tuck it up nice to the HPOP reservoir out of the way using the factory bolts through the res so I can get to the twin pumps easily.

What dual pump setup are you running? Or is it a secret?

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
When I was calling in July to get a trans, they mentioned a number over 1k... 1050 if memory serves me correct.

Jw said his psd he dd's is about 550.

yes is dd runs very good and is very responsive i wish my dually drove like his truck does.

TyCorr

Reaction score
yes is dd runs very good and is very responsive i wish my dually drove like his truck does.

I cant friggin imagine!! How big are the inj's? How much Nitrous? I have sooo many questions!

I was actually surprised when JW's secretary said he had 550hp and was going to be pulling some out as it was too hard on the motor. Im not sure exactly what that meant but thats what she said he had told her.

Ive never been in a powerstroke with more than 500hp. I rode in a 6.4 with Spartan tuning and it was pretty bad@ss imo. Ive driven a couple dodges with cummins that were over that and it was one of the coolest things Ive ever driven.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
I cant friggin imagine!! How big are the inj's? How much Nitrous? I have sooo many questions!

I was actually surprised when JW's secretary said he had 550hp and was going to be pulling some out as it was too hard on the motor. Im not sure exactly what that meant but thats what she said he had told her.

Ive never been in a powerstroke with more than 500hp. I rode in a 6.4 with Spartan tuning and it was pretty bad@ss imo. Ive driven a couple dodges with cummins that were over that and it was one of the coolest things Ive ever driven.

im confused you said brian thompson but you keep saying jw??? are talking about brain at bts's dd or jw dd??? im talking about brain at bts.

neverkickn

Reaction score
900+ on giggle juice

Dang. When I was there last he had it parked over the dyno with the chargers out. Never even asked him what it made because we where talking about fuel system stuff. He has a machined adapter on the fuel bowl that allows a little fuel to flow from the bowl to the return line. In fact I should be getting mine in the mail from him tomorrow or the next day. I hope it clears up my funky fuel knock and erratic idle coming out of the throttle.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.