Responsive Turbo/compounds Thoughts

907DAVE

Reaction score
Yup, so it appears it will need to be addressed in a compound setup.

TARM

Reaction score
I am sure they make a sensor that is still 5 v that will read higher. I found a number of map sensors (pressure transducers) from Honeywell that would work and had ranged of 50 or 100 psi. If you use a multipler you can mod the range. That was when I was looking for a map sensor to cover a higher range 50 psi was perfect as it could be used straight up.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking too, beyond that the vanes might be fully open anyways....?

TARM

Reaction score
you are not kidding. My big old gorilla hands have enough issues trying to hit the little keys on a standard key board. Then people go and start speed posting and I get all behind and stuff starting coming out like tiqatrhj9wehjgtow-otejejqwoejt=0w9etjw

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I would think that in a compound setup the fact that the bps only goes to 50# wouldn't matter.

While I am not experienced in the least with compounds, I would think by that point the vanes would be fully open.

Wouldn't it be possible then to install a regulator to limit the amount of pressure the sensor sees just to preserve the life of the sensor?

I really need to break down and buy the software from bill so I can look at these things when the discussion comes up. This is when stuff really gets interesting!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I am sure they make a sensor that is still 5 v that will read higher. I found a number of map sensors (pressure transducers) from Honeywell that would work and had ranged of 50 or 100 psi. If you use a multipler you can mod the range. That was when I was looking for a map sensor to cover a higher range 50 psi was perfect as it could be used straight up.

A 6.4 sensor will read 80 psi off that helps...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yes. I don't know what kind of connector you guys have but the 6.4 uses this style...

46c4c26b-188a-ddba.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.