riffraff billet wheel? ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoker Stroker

Reaction score
To further make my point, this is copied directly from the RR website. In this sample, he didn't even try to cover up his use of Bobs trademark by just using the initials...he used Bobs full trademarked name. Sorry...but this just isn't right!

If you're talking about the text featured here: http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RRD&Product_Code=170293&Category_Code=F731-TRB-CW You'll notice Riffraff uses the term "Wicked Wheels". Mr Riley holds the copyright to the term "Wicked Wheel" according to this: http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4008:8jlrlm.2.2 That's it and that's all. No one holds the copyright to "WW". You can't just copyright letters of the alphabet. If you could, I'd copyright the whole thing and start suing elementary schools.

You're missing the point. It's not about the part, it's about stealing another companies trademark or identity. "Wicked Wheel" is a trademarked name that belongs to DieselSite...PERIOD. Using that name to promote a product that wasn't purchased from DieselSite is a dick move! It's no different than when another company started the website "www.bulletproofyourdiesel.com"...they were trying to ride on the reputation and popularity of Bulletproof Diesel but were not selling BPD parts. That's WRONG! It's misleading and shameful.

Like when a company calls themselves "Innovative Truck Products" when another company already has that name. Or when a company calls themselves "Sinister Diesel" when another company already has that name? Its one thing to have a name that sounds like another company, its a hair shady, but outright copying an existing company name...

Thats like saying Pepsi cant call its soda Pepsi-cola, because Coke calls theres Coke-cola...

ZOMG! Conspiracy!

Last edited:

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Not even remotely close Joe. Anyone selling the BW wheel and not getting it from DieselSite should be calling it:

Early 99 Comp Wheel
Borg Warner Comp Wheel
Anti-Surge Wheel
Splitter Wheel
ANY other generic name that doesn't infringe on DieselSites trademark.

Heck, some shops already do it without using WW or Wicked Wheel.

Banks Wheel (if purchased from Banks)
X-Wheel (if purchased from Xtreme Diesel)
Superior Wheel (if purchased from DFuser)

All the same wheel...and none of them mention WW or Wicked Wheel in their website descriptions. It can be done...

Maybe someone in your area should start up a company and advertise doing "the same type and quality of work as CSI Construction". Based on your comments above...I'm sure it wouldn't bother you in the least of someone was using your company name to promote their own business.

Reaction score
Curious as to if you have any contact with Riffraff to know if this wheel has been tested? So your speaking to thinks you have no information on...
as said many times..no info posted on riff raff's wheel other then this thread..seems to me if it was so good a good shop would post there findings.

You do understand that you know nothing right?

You do understand that Bob uses customer's trucks to test products on all the time right??? Even these wheels out there are being sold as test units, similar to his HPOP's over the years... Its pretty common practice and something I have done for MANY VENDORS over the years.

Just because you dont read it on the forums doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

i do know Bob runs his stuff on his own truck before he sends them to his bata tester's

SO you now know how much power a stock fuel system is good for? And think a product that fixes the dead head issue is garbage?

i know and have seen test that even stock injectors start to run out of fuel with a good set of tunes and a healthy HPOP

I put down over 460hp on a stock fuel system... NOT a damn thing done to it other then a shimmed FPR...
maybe you could have done a little better with enough fuel in them heads and even you know if you did this all time your injectors will hate you...[
Good lord man, come at this with something worth a crap.

What messy glue are you talking about? I have a set of these and have yet to find this "messy" glue you are bitching about...

the last i read the neck is glued on by riff raff....

How would these O rings not get used everyday? Same type of O rings are used in your compressor housing of your turbo... Your water pump uses an O ring, bet its garbage too...

my truck does a lot of sitting in the winters.. way too much salt use up here and these trucks are not cheap..i plan to to keep mine for a very long time..things like wayer pumps and turbo's where made to use orings..intake plenums and the heads on a 7.3 are not
If your going to hate on a vendor for something have something to base it on.:doh:

.......................................................................................................

Last edited:

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
LOL LOL Lets see your engineering back ground there Ron to make the call that an O-ring would never work there on an intake plenum. Have you taken my advise yet to write a letter to International yet on how O-rings can't seal intake manifolds on there 6.0 and 6.4 motors. :morons:

Lets keep going Ron I am just rollin over here on your intelligence.

my truck does a lot of sitting in the winters.. way too much salt use up here and these trucks are not cheap..i plan to to keep mine for a very long time..things like wayer pumps and turbo's where made to use orings..intake plenums and the heads on a 7.3 are not

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Not even remotely close Joe. Anyone selling the BW wheel and not getting it from DieselSite should be calling it:

Early 99 Comp Wheel
Borg Warner Comp Wheel
Anti-Surge Wheel
Splitter Wheel
ANY other generic name that doesn't infringe on DieselSites trademark.

Heck, some shops already do it without using WW or Wicked Wheel.

Banks Wheel (if purchased from Banks)
X-Wheel (if purchased from Xtreme Diesel)
Superior Wheel (if purchased from DFuser)

All the same wheel...and none of them mention WW or Wicked Wheel in their website descriptions. It can be done...

Maybe someone in your area should start up a company and advertise doing "the same type and quality of work as CSI Construction". Based on your comments above...I'm sure it wouldn't bother you in the least of someone was using your company name to promote their own business.

That would be true if he was using the term for marketing purposes. Which he isn't.

God. You are f'n seriously that stupid??!

Come on man. Use your head. This is all BS.

Reaction score
Here you go talking about stuff you know nothing about at all. All of the wheels Riffraff offer have been tested before they went out to the public. Hey guess what there are even more wheels being tested as we speak that few on here have even heard about. Just cause no one sent you a letter in the mail with your name on it did mean it did happen Ron.

like i said DADDY's boy..a good shop would post there findings if its worth posting...corse if its a copy..well i guess you could figure that out..

Reaction score
LOL LOL Lets see your engineering back ground there Ron to make the call that an O-ring would never work there on an intake plenum. Have you taken my advise yet to write a letter to International yet on how O-rings can't seal intake manifolds on there 6.0 and 6.4 motors. :morons:

Lets keep going Ron I am just rollin over here on your intelligence.

again daddy's boy..they are designed to work together...a 7.3 head is not...i dont have daddy's $$$ to thow at my truck..

jkidd_39

Reaction score
like i said DADDY's boy..a good shop would post there findings if its worth posting...corse if its a copy..well i guess you could figure that out..

And what good would that do?? You would just dismiss them. We get it Ron, you don't like RiffRaff. Move on.

Keep talking sh!t. If this plays out like your jihad on the FRX kit we will see the same results.

1. More sales for RR
2. Ron blows older gentleman

The second one is more of a constant. But you get the point.

Smoker Stroker

Reaction score
Wicked Wheel is not ever meationed in that add..try again..

I almost didn't respond since your spelling and grammar give me a headache but I couldn't pass up a chance to point out your stupidity like everyone else is.

The argument, in case you missed it, was that Riffraff is selling a wheel with "WW" in the name. You, Bob Riley, and Dennis are all worked up because its apparently a reference to "Wicked Wheel". Maybe Riffraff is just copying Diesel O-Rings who calls there wheel a "Whistlin' Wheel"

In case you missed is again, you can abbreviate both as "WW".

Now who is he copying? Inquiring minds want to know.

Reaction score
And what good would that do?? You would just dismiss them. We get it Ron, you don't like RiffRaff. Move on.

Keep talking sh!t. If this plays out like your jihad on the FRX kit we will see the same results.

1. More sales for RR
2. Ron blows older gentleman

The second one is more of a constant. But you get the point.

LMAO you want to kiss me where??? ask gator diesel how his FRX turned out..oh wait..there not in business any more....

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
again daddy's boy..they are designed to work together...a 7.3 head is not...i dont have daddy's $$$ to thow at my truck..

Good to see you have stooped to name calling. Apparently that's all you know how to do, how old are you again? So please continue to tell me how much of a freak my 7.3 is with Riffraff Diesel Billet Plenums Just like this set and they don't leak at all. No RTV no other sealants just a good old fashion O-Ring. http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/mm5/m..._Code=RDPBLTPLNM&Category_Code=F731-IN-PLENUM

Reaction score
I almost didn't respond since your spelling and grammar give me a headache but I couldn't pass up a chance to point out your stupidity like everyone else is.

The argument, in case you missed it, was that Riffraff is selling a wheel with "WW" in the name. You, Bob Riley, and Dennis are all worked up because its apparently a reference to "Wicked Wheel". Maybe Riffraff is just copying Diesel O-Rings who calls there wheel a "Whistlin' Wheel"

In case you missed is again, you can abbreviate both as "WW".

Now who is he copying? Inquiring minds want to know.

you probably shouldn't have responded. you missed the point at hand...

Riffraff Diesel Billet WW Compressor Wheel 94-03.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this ^^^ is whats wrong

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score

LOL Calm down Ron and use your words to speak. Are you referring to the word Billet or the Letters WW or the Phrase "Billet WW" Use your words and tell us.

Last edited:

Smoker Stroker

Reaction score

If billet is what's wrong, then Billet Badges is in trouble too. So is Billet Specialties.

Oh, its the billet turbo wheel... The folks at Comp turbo are copying Bob Riley too.

Ron, are you really this retarded?

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
If you're talking about the text featured here: http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RRD&Product_Code=170293&Category_Code=F731-TRB-CW You'll notice Riffraff uses the term "Wicked Wheels". Mr Riley holds the copyright to the term "Wicked Wheel" according to this: http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4008:8jlrlm.2.2 That's it and that's all. No one holds the copyright to "WW". You can't just copyright letters of the alphabet. If you could, I'd copyright the whole thing and start suing elementary schools.
You made my point, "Wicked Wheel" is trademarked and should not be used by competitors. As for WW, that's just a matter of class...some have it, some don't.

Like when a company calls themselves "Innovative Truck Products" when another company already has that name. Or when a company calls themselves "Sinister Diesel" when another company already has that name? Its one thing to have a name that sounds like another company, its a hair shady, but outright copying an existing company name...
Not sure who you are, but since this is post #1 for you I do question it. I'm not aware of anyone every copying "ITP" or "Innovative Truck Products". Not sure what that has to do with this. As for the "Sinister" comment...are you making an accusation? If you are related to them and suggesting that I would ever do something like that...tread carefully...that's not a can of worms you want to open!

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Well this thread sure went to hell.....

Seemed to be some what of a call out in the first place, where else could it have gone?

Being some one who has no dog in this fight as I have purchased from just about every vendor that posted in this thread, I will say there are some people from both sides not making themselves (or the vendor(s) they are "fighting" for) look too great... Of coarse that is just my worthless opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online