riffraff billet wheel? ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
the WW as in wicked wheel... my post wouldnt line it up.. but i thought most would know what we are talking about without side tracking off the subject...me bad... by the way... the wicked wheel is not the same as a stock E99 wheel,whistling wheel,banks wheel or what ever else they call it....

Last edited:

Smoker Stroker

Reaction score
You made my point, "Wicked Wheel" is trademarked and should not be used by competitors. As for WW, that's just a matter of class...some have it, some don't.

Wait!!! Not only is Riffraff copying Bob with "WW", he's copying Diesel O-rings too: http://www.dieselorings.com/1999-2003-ford-7-3l/turbo-and-related-items/whistlin-wheel-94-03-compressor-wheel.html

The argument, in case you missed it, was that Riffraff is selling a wheel with "WW" in the name. You, Bob Riley, and Dennis are all worked up because its apparently a reference to "Wicked Wheel". Maybe Riffraff is just copying Diesel O-Rings who calls there wheel a "Whistlin' Wheel"

In case you missed is again, you can abbreviate both as "WW".

Now who is he copying? Inquiring minds want to know.

Dennis, you're smarter than this. Don't let your anger cloud your judgement.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Not sure who you are, but since this is post #1 for you I do question it. I'm not aware of anyone every copying "ITP" or "Innovative Truck Products". Not sure what that has to do with this. As for the "Sinister" comment...are you making an accusation? If you are related to them and suggesting that I would ever do something like that...tread carefully...that's not a can of worms you want to open!

Smoker Stroker be careful if you refer to some of ITP's, Sinister, or Strictly diesels they are called Driven Diesel parts. Just want to clear this up before some one calls the parts by the wrong trademarked name.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Dennis, you're smarter than this. Don't let your anger cloud your judgement.
I have no anger, I just think that some people in this business lack class and using the company name, brand name or trademarked names of another companys product to promote your own product is classless and wrong. My opinion on it won't change anything, it will still happen...there will always be copy-cats, whores and douchebags in this business. I personally think you can tell which shops care about the business as a whole, care about having good personal and business relationships with other shops and want to do right by both their customers and the other businesses they work with...and which ones only care about making a buck no matter who's toes they step on.

Smoker Stroker be careful if you refer to some of ITP's, Sinister, or Strictly diesels they are called Driven Diesel parts. Just want to clear this up before some one calls the parts by the wrong trademarked name.
Sounds more like you are "stirring the pot"...is that your intention? I have no problem with my parts being called "ITP", "Driven Diesel" or "Strictly Diesel"...only one name gets under my skin and if the details of that situation were made fully public you would understand why. I know which side Karma falls on...

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Sounds more like you are "stirring the pot"...is that your intention? I have no problem with my parts being called "ITP", "Driven Diesel" or "Strictly Diesel"...only one name gets under my skin and if the details of that situation were made fully public you would understand why. I know which side Karma falls on...

Lets hear it then. I call all bullsh!t on all of it.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
I have no anger, I just think that some people in this business lack class and using the company name, brand name or trademarked names of another companys product to promote your own product is classless and wrong. My opinion on it won't change anything, it will still happen...there will always be copy-cats, whores and douchebags in this business. I personally think you can tell which shops care about the business as a whole, care about having good personal and business relationships with other shops and want to do right by both their customers and the other businesses they work with...and which ones only care about making a buck no matter who's toes they step on.

And then there are the name callers. Listen I don't want to by any means tell you how to run your business but shouldn't you be working during your business hours? Perhaps thats why Riffraff isn't on here due to the fact that he is working.

Last edited:

Smoker Stroker

Reaction score

I've seen copying all around in this business. Someone already mentioned Bob copying Riffraff's plenum inserts. You changed your OBA to match Riffraff's. So what? If it moves the industry forward and creates competition, we, the consumer, are better for it.

One of the things every good business person knows is that destroying your competition is bad for business. Coke doesn't want Pepsi out of business. McDonalds doesn't want Burger King to go away. That's a bad sign for an industry when your competitor goes belly up. What a good business person wants is to be better than their competition. Not to kill them.

Is it really that slow over there today that all you have time for is to argue this?

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Lets hear it then. I call all bullsh!t on all of it.

Some things are better left unsaid, I respect Dennis and fully know he will not talk about it as the people on here dont need to know what happened.

CSIPSD

Reaction score

I am curious why you seem to have issues with Clay and RiffRaff Diesel?

Dennis, I've met you and respect you, but I cant for the life of me see what the major malfunction is with this...

To call someone you have never met a douchebag or whore is pretty strong, and really seems out of caricature from you.

If you would like to chat via PM's I am fine with that, but I dont understand the dirt slinging without knowing any facts what so ever...

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
And then there are the name callers. Listen I don't want to by any means tell you how to run your business but shouldn't you be working during your business hours? Perhaps thats why Riffraff isn't on here due to the fact that he is working.
I generally work 12 hours a day, I choose how they are spent. I'm returning emails and phone calls, our orders already shipped for the day, my work is getting done just fine.

You changed your OBA to match Riffraff's. So what?
That change had more to do with being tired of people who don't bother to read instructions turning the knob on the adjustable units and calling asking how to put it back (and blaming their dog, their kid, their friend or their wife). After a short while using the fixed regualtors, we went back to the adjustables. The fixed pressure regulators didn't work as well and not being able to adjust them on some trucks was a bigger problem.

One of the things every good business person knows is that destroying your competition is bad for business. Coke doesn't want Pepsi out of business. McDonalds doesn't want Burger King to go away. That's a bad sign for an industry when your competitor goes belly up. What a good business person wants is to be better than their competition. Not to kill them.
Because I somewhere suggested that my competition needed to go belly up? Where did I even imply that? I personally believe in working with my competition...at least the ones that seem to have a similar moral compass as my own. I trade business with a bunch of companies that are technically my competitors. This is one of the reasons for our "Driven Diesel" product line...it allows a shop (like Swamps Diesel for example) to put our product on their shelf without advertising for my retail store (which is Strictly Diesel). We sell our DD products to several competitors, and we buy products from several of our competitors as well. I would rather support a competitors better idea than copy it...in hopes that they will support our ideas and buy from us or recommend our parts when the time comes. That's quite different from those that just look at someone elses good idea and make their own.

Since this argument is going nowhere because some people just don't see what's wrong with copying someone elses products or stealing their trademarks...I'm done commenting on it. My beliefs are just different and I don't expect others to suddenly change how they feel. It is what it is.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Some things are better left unsaid, I respect Dennis and fully know he will not talk about it as the people on here dont need to know what happened.

Well the way Dennis worded it looks like he is calling out riffraff.

For being shady, unethical, ect, ect.

Hard for me to believe but everyone is entitled to there views. Love to hear them. Even thru PM.

But to make reference to it then refuse to spill it is crap.

If someone is shady then let it be know. But make damn sure it's true.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I am curious why you seem to have issues with Clay and RiffRaff Diesel?

Dennis, I've met you and respect you, but I cant for the life of me see what the major malfunction is with this...

To call someone you have never met a douchebag or whore is pretty strong, and really seems out of caricature from you.

If you would like to chat via PM's I am fine with that, but I dont understand the dirt slinging without knowing any facts what so ever...
I used those words but they were not directed at anyone in particular. That comment was "general"...there simply are whores and douchebags in this business...that won't change. There was not one single word in that post that was directed at any person or shop in particular.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
I used those words but they were not directed at anyone in particular. That comment was "general"...there simply are whores and douchebags in this business...that won't change. There was not one single word in that post that was directed at any person or shop in particular.

It seemed implied. No hard feelings. And I agree. Tons of dbag shops. And dbag diesel customers haha.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Well the way Dennis worded it looks like he is calling out riffraff.

For being shady, unethical, ect, ect.

Hard for me to believe but everyone is entitled to there views. Love to hear them. Even thru PM.

But to make reference to it then refuse to spill it is crap.

If someone is shady then let it be know. But make damn sure it's true.

The comment of mine that you quoted had nothing to do with RR. It was a reply to another member mentioning another shop that we had a legal issue with. There will be no details because it's not worth stirring up the past and getting mad about it again.

Smoker Stroker

Reaction score
Since this argument is going nowhere because some people just don't see what's wrong with copying someone elses products

Including yourself

That change had more to do with being tired of people who don't bother to read instructions turning the knob on the adjustable units and calling asking how to put it back (and blaming their dog, their kid, their friend or their wife). After a short while using the fixed regualtors, we went back to the adjustables. The fixed pressure regulators didn't work as well and not being able to adjust them on some trucks was a bigger problem.

It doesn't matter "why", you copied someone else. So what? I don't care, neither do you. But don't come out in public and call out one of your competitors for doing it.

Last edited:

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Including yourself

Regardless of the "why", you copied someone else. So what? I don't care, neither do you. But don't come out in public and call out one of your competitors for doing it.

Who the ***k are u anyway

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts