rpm issue

gman1

Reaction score
haha! we shall see!
side note, how come they dont allow a drw truck to compete in your class even if it is a full bodied from the factory drw?

live life full throttle

Im really not sure why. Locals can run DRW but TTPA members cant.

Glad your getting yours fixed properly. Its in good hands.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
well morgan decided it be best to go over the motor with a fine tooth comb and make sure it was actually built right this go round it has been found that the block can be touched up and used.. i just gave him the go ahead to get billet rods. i dont want to go through this chit again...

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Hell of a sig...
lol. not a sponsor or a shop anymore so idgaf.. if the cam gear was welded then none of the issues would have been caught till the main bearings ate themselves..
a00df2d9169d2741cd1197071a9aa8ac.jpg

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
Even if they were. They can't disassemble a motor and reassemble one using identical parts. Not rocket science.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That was supposed to be a fully rebuilt motor? I've seen original bearings look better out of higher mileage big trucks...
yuppers.. .030 over kit from riffraff. those have maybe 8k miles, half dozen drags, dozen or so sled pulls, few smokey burnouts on the "rebuild" too.. lots of abuse! not!

live life full throttle

02BigD

Reaction score
yeah cuz the 8k i spent before is just chump change and i get to do it again!

live life full throttle

Been there twice...first shop fugged the cylinder walls up engine had no compression, rebuild 3k later popped cryo'd forged rods. Fun times.

Once you're tearing road up again, it will be all good.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
guess ill update this... morgan found a few things wrong and the machine shop found some other stuff wrong.. the cam gear was NOT welded to the cam like i was told it was... the main bearings where all scored on one side like it might not have been line bored correctly or at all.. it surely was NOT balanced like it was supposed to be... something about needing to press in new cam bearings and i forgot why...

i did manage to bend 2 rods.. totally my fault for driving it knowing that there was a bad cps issue...

so, it is all put back together with R&R rods and it is balanced with a oem damper since its not a good idea to use a fluidamper to balance the rotating assembly.. morgan still has my fluidamper somewhere.. lol... im not 100% sure what else was done.. Morgan@Midwest Diesel & Auto could elaborate more if he cares to..

it does still have a viltage drop issue and she is at jimdawg's house, since he says he is very good at electrical issues, to get figured out..also has a rev limiter issue at times where it wont go above 3500rpm no matter what.. it is supposed to have a swamps idm.. jim said that he would start with that and see if it truly is a swamps idm and see if it is bad and might be the issue... if not a swamps idm, i guess ill pay for it AGAIN, as i had to do so with the rest of the motor rebuild that mikes diesel performance in Chelsea mi DIDN'T do and have swamps build or send me one out of the old one... i did talk to dave at swamps about the voltage issue and he says that it shouldn't have one bit of runability issues if it stays above 12 or 12.5v but im telling you right now that it sounds, looks and feels like it is about to spit a hole in the side of the block when it drops below 14v.. smoky as hell and it hammers like the pistons are beating on the heads(its not but its bad)... so that is the last issue (i hope) that needs worked out and she should be back to running well..

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
guess ill update this... morgan found a few things wrong and the machine shop found some other stuff wrong.. the cam gear was NOT welded to the cam like i was told it was... the main bearings where all scored on one side like it might not have been line bored correctly or at all.. it surely was NOT balanced like it was supposed to be... something about needing to press in new cam bearings and i forgot why...

i did manage to bend 2 rods.. totally my fault for driving it knowing that there was a bad cps issue...

so, it is all put back together with R&R rods and it is balanced with a oem damper since its not a good idea to use a fluidamper to balance the rotating assembly.. morgan still has my fluidamper somewhere.. lol... im not 100% sure what else was done.. Morgan@Midwest Diesel & Auto could elaborate more if he cares to..

it does still have a viltage drop issue and she is at jimdawg's house, since he says he is very good at electrical issues, to get figured out..also has a rev limiter issue at times where it wont go above 3500rpm no matter what.. it is supposed to have a swamps idm.. jim said that he would start with that and see if it truly is a swamps idm and see if it is bad and might be the issue... if not a swamps idm, i guess ill pay for it AGAIN, as i had to do so with the rest of the motor rebuild that mikes diesel performance in Chelsea mi DIDN'T do and have swamps build or send me one out of the old one... i did talk to dave at swamps about the voltage issue and he says that it shouldn't have one bit of runability issues if it stays above 12 or 12.5v but im telling you right now that it sounds, looks and feels like it is about to spit a hole in the side of the block when it drops below 14v.. smoky as hell and it hammers like the pistons are beating on the heads(its not but its bad)... so that is the last issue (i hope) that needs worked out and she should be back to running well..

live life full throttle

Man. Sucks about the voltage drop, I hope it gets fixed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online