Rudy's first Tow Power-X/stock fuel build

Boostfed

Reaction score
Just finished up with our first Tow Power X build. Truck came out very nice. The tow X's are a nice alternative to the higher priced high power and max power turbos. They sound awesome and make great power!

The mod list is as follows-
Tow Power X
4inch downpipe
EGR delete w/wastegate and CFM+
H11 head studs
Cold side IC pipe
BOV
chromoly pushrods
stage one valve train upgrade
Elite HD trans (problems during shipping-not installed yet)
Suncoast HD tc
Caltrac traction bars
5" MBRP
Diesel site boots
AFE Stage 2 SI

We haven't been able to dyno the truck yet as it is still on a stock trans. Will be back shortly for trans replacement and dyno tuning. Pics coming soon!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
sweet, im curous to see how it does on the dyno since you guys have done pretty much every other turbo combo with stock fuel, i think it should do well really, the mass air flow is there.

Matt

Reaction score
Nice, look forward to pics and dyno numbers. Dave, shoot me a text when you're not busy.

Reaction score
IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx107/rudysperformance/?action=view&current=IMG_1135.mp4

Dzchey21

Reaction score
is the turbine wheel on the vgt modded like high/max powers? They sound crazy just like max and high powers... not saying its a bad thing LOL

Boostfed

Reaction score
Not sure dustin. I kind of don't think so because it still retains a little of the stock turbo hair dryer sound in my opinion. Obviously the big turbo covers the noise, but I think its still a little audible.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yes your right on the compressor side, i was just wondering if possibly it had a modded exhaust side, after thinking about the price i kinda realized that its not cost effective to sell a modded exhaust side...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.