S364.5 on 7.3

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I will try this weekend. I just wish I didn't have to tare everything apart to measure this turbo when the guy who builds it knows and won't tell you. Remember secrets don't keep friends lol

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Barder was super helpful. I think I know the issue and it is turbo related. I will be trying a different one soon and will report back. I'm thinking the new Borg Warner 364.5 sxe with a .91 housing will be what I try

Swaan

Reaction score
So did barder inspect your bell turbo and find out the issue???

ja_cain

Reaction score
The sxe turbos look pretty sweet. They have a speed sensor port too which would be cool to utilize. Not sure if the old style offered this. Plus, the prices seem to be much better compared to the Bell turbos.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Yes and many options for size. And I just talked with barder. He was very helpful and informative. So anyone interested in a Bell turbo? Lol

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Nothing just not the right turbo for my setup. Sure wish I could get a smaller exhaust housing

Swaan

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on why you can't get a smaller housing.

What did barder say about your turbo. What are the actuall specs on this thing???????
Holy crap, why is everything such a big secret .lol

Swaan

Reaction score
Crickets..........................Crickets. ........................Crickets. ...................

getstroked27

Reaction score
Everyone always ask's for specs on bell chargers. good luck. i ran a few for well over a year. had zero clue what the specs were past the compressor wheel size. and thats all i needed to know. they work. and they work great. and they hold up to abuse. only s300 based charger i have ever had last on my 6.4. you will never get specs on that charger. and i suggest having respect for Pius and not sending his chargers to other shops to find info on them. thats like sending someones fuel pump to another fuel shop to find out what they do to make it better. not very cool.

liquidlounge

Reaction score
Everyone always ask's for specs on bell chargers. good luck. i ran a few for well over a year. had zero clue what the specs were past the compressor wheel size. and thats all i needed to know. they work. and they work great. and they hold up to abuse. only s300 based charger i have ever had last on my 6.4. you will never get specs on that charger. and i suggest having respect for Pius and not sending his chargers to other shops to find info on them. thats like sending someones fuel pump to another fuel shop to find out what they do to make it better. not very cool.
Well, he can send it to me and I'll send it to Barder then. What's really not cool is even vendors that sell the Bell turbos can't even confirm (in a reassuring manner) if the HFSB and BASB are the same turbo, yet they are also selling injectors and other mods to go with this pixie dust turbo. I get proprietary, but the ones selling these things don't even sound confident. Of course there are different housings available for CJ's turbo, but its hard to know which way to go if you don't know what he has. A housing change may be all he needs. Everyone else in the world sells chargers by spec and I guarantee you Barder has sold S300 built to the same spec as the BASB....so unless Bell sold the very first S300 built at that spec, then who is copying who? Dave at Swamps has reported numerous times over the years on different B/W combos for the 7.3 - maybe he "accidently" came up with the BASB first.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Well a t4 mount is on its way. I will get a turbo for it and will be measuring my hfsb for all those that are curious.

Latest posts

Members online