SCT X3 just froze my computer!!!

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Tough cookies man.. To give a heads up, this is a forum of veterans. Having a downed truck is second nature, paying $2000 to fix it is getting off easy for some of us.
I personally went through 6 transmissions, 3-4 turbos, full motor (pan to turbo) rebuild, one WHOLE year of downtime, and countless other bills on my 2006. $2,000? I wish.

Eric and his company has an incredible rep here and elsewhere, so trying to drag him down will only be throwing sand from your hill. Sorry about your truck, but it'll be back to stock soon and you now have your warning about modding an electronic heavy truck.

Not trying to be smug, but this forum has its fair share of horror stories, yours can be added to the pile.

F350Power

Reaction score
I am in no way trying to drag Eric down here! I have one of his tunes running in my 2007 6.0 and no problem!
However, the truth is the truth! Purchased from IDP. Called him several times (including this morning again for 3rd time) and nothing but "he is busy and someone will call you back". Talked to Tom and Ted is up posed to call me back. Yadda yadda yadda.

I see this as a problem between him and SCT. All I want is my truck back and reimbursement for my out of pocket. $2k or more.

I am happy for you if you enjoy tearing up your trucks on the weekends and paying the price come Monday. That is your choice. I choose not to do that.

I bought a brand new truck for work purposes and heavy hauling. The only thing I modified on the truck was the IDP tune install via SCT tuner. My truck has been down for almost 2weeks now. 800 miles on it! No truck. No work!

Eric has never returned my call and SCT has been less than helpful.

I am sure Eric is a nice guy, but he got my money for a tuner with his tunes tht fried my PCM.

I am just warning anyone with a 2012 6.7 to analyze my situation and decide if it is really worth the risk. Stock is pretty damn good. I am finished screwing with it.

"Tough cookies" to you too my friend. New Jersey is a great place for you.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
I am in no way trying to drag Eric down here! I have one of his tunes running in my 2007 6.0 and no problem!
However, the truth is the truth! Purchased from IDP. Called him several times (including this morning again for 3rd time) and nothing but "he is busy and someone will call you back". Talked to Tom and Ted is up posed to call me back. Yadda yadda yadda.

I see this as a problem between him and SCT. All I want is my truck back and reimbursement for my out of pocket. $2k or more.

I am happy for you if you enjoy tearing up your trucks on the weekends and paying the price come Monday. That is your choice. I choose not to do that.

I bought a brand new truck for work purposes and heavy hauling. The only thing I modified on the truck was the IDP tune install via SCT tuner. My truck has been down for almost 2weeks now. 800 miles on it! No truck. No work!

I am sure Eric is a nice guy, but he got my money for a tuner with his tunes tht fried my PCM.

I am just warning anyone with a 2012 6.7 to analyze my situation and decide if it is really worth the risk. Stock is pretty damn good. I am finished screwing with it.

Lol
Thanks for the attempted stereotype. Jersey has treated me extremely well actually.
Enjoy your truck when it's fixed up.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Taking it to personal attacks now? Classy.

We understand man, your situation sucks. Taking it out on the members here will get you no where though.

I'm sure once you have your truck back and running you'll be much happier.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score

Go *** a cat

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Jason

Reaction score
Because he is one of the Obama kool-aid drinkers. That damn hand wont go down...its veen trained well everytime money is mentioned, to be stuck out, palm up and say "GIMME MY MONIES NOW!!"

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
This isn't the first Scorpion ECM lost. A number of them lost on .org

I think it's a bad piece of hardware vs. a tuning issue

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

well you can just stfu and gtfo now. whining little brat.

F350Power

Reaction score
Wow. I thought the cliques ended when I got out of high school in 1982. Some things never change I guess.

I think this thread is going south. Too bad!

My primary intention was to provide information to other 6.7 owners that might be helpful. I really hate to see someone else make the same mistake with an SCT Tuner that I made. It has been a mess!

As for the Obama reference, I have worked my ass off since I was 12 years old. I understand the value of a hard days work. I ask for no handouts from anyone. That statement could not be further from the truth! No wonder you have not made any friends yet Kyle. I got this from your profile:

Friends
kyle43335 has not made any friends yet
Befriend kyle43335 *

As for Jason, he is just a snot nosed kid with an 02 Ford:

About Jason
Signature
Black & Tan '02 F-250 ccsb 4x4---BACK TO BONE STOCK!
Red '09 Mustang GT 5 Speed
White '03 Yukon Denali 6.0, AWD on 20's

I think the 7.3 threads are good for you son!

FordFreak:

Signature
2004 CCSB DRW 4X4 Sport Package
GOGO/Gearhead/Ballistic/ARP/Sony/Rockford/Infinity/Dynatrac

The 6.0 area is good for you!

Since this thread is part of the 6.7 area, what business is this of yours?

06TWO50DIESEL
I owe you an apology! I vented my frustrations on you! NJ is a nice place.
I respect the fact that you own a 6.7 and have a vested interest in this thread. One way or another I should have my truck back this week. I thank you for your candid input.

Bottom line:

Unless you own a 6.7 or have a vested interest in this thread, I would ask you to grow up and keep your nose in things that involve you and your truck. Most of you are still wet behind the ears! Come back when you grow up!

I am a God fearing, Conservative Republican who loathes Baraq Hussein Obama, and all the Generation X and Y and Z disrespectful punks who voted him into office for this 4 year opportunity to destroy this Country. So much for Hope and Change!

Thank a Veteran that we have this right to public discourse!

F350Power

Reaction score
PS- speaking of whining little brats, I am too old to understand your abomination of the Enlish language.

Stfo and gtfo mean nothing to me. Save that for your Facebook and Tweeter friends!

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Wow. I thought the cliques ended when I got out of high school in 1982. Some things never change I guess.

My primary intention was to provide information to other 6.7 owners that might be helpful. I really hate to see someone else make the same mistake with an SCT Tuner that I made. It has been a mess!

As for the Obama reference, I have worked my ass off since I was 12 years old. I understand the value of a hard days work. I ask for no handouts from anyone. That statement could not be further from the truth! No wonder you have not made any friends yet Kyle. I got this from your profile:

Friends
Befriend kyle43335 *

About Jason
Signature

FordFreak:

Signature

06TWO50DIESEL
I respect the fact that you own a 6.7 and have a vested interest in this thread. One way or another I should have my truck back this week. I thank you for your candid input.

Bottom line:

Unless you own a 6.7 or have a vested interest in this thread, I would ask you to grow up and keep your nose in things that involve you and your truck. Most of you are still wet behind the ears! Come back when you grow up!

I am a God fearing, Conservative Republican who loathes Baraq Hussein Obama, and all the Generation X and Y and Z disrespectful punks who voted him into office for this 4 year opportunity to destroy this Country. So much for Hope and Change!

PS- speaking of whining little brats, I am too old to understand your abomination of the Enlish language.

Stfo and gtfo mean nothing to me. Save that for your Facebook and Tweeter friends!

Actually your main intention was to publicly bully and bitch two companies into fixing your truck as fast as you wanted. News flash things arent going to go as you want them from time to time.

If you cant accept that? Then please leave your truck stock. It will be be better for you and us.

I couldnt give a **** if anyone friends me on here or anywhere else. Nice try.

Lastly stfo(shut the *** up) gtfo(get the *** out). Is that plain enough for you?

Theres more i would like to add. But my give a chit just ran out.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be rude here in the slightest...

But ANY time you plug ANYTHING into your truck with the intent of changing programming or anything like that, you should be prepared for the worst.

That is just my opinion and the way I look at it. I would never pull my chip out in BFE West Virginia because that's just asking for something to happen.

I'm not trying to flame you or justify anything, because that is none of my buisness, but I just think you need to realize this is if you do decide to continue modifying your truck.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Well if I have to qualify to speak to you, My father has a 6.7 that I tuned, and I have a 6.4 tuned. let's take a trip down my road.

installed a DPF delete, and IDP X3 tuner on my 6.4. 30 miles later decided to change tunes while I went inside my house. come back outside to an error code. no big deal, had it happen on my old 6.0. so I returned to stock and tried again. all this time lapsed to around an hour of the key on. truck pulled low voltage, and totally fried my PCM I came to find out. spent 2 weeks with SCT, our shop mechanic, and Eric. SCT being not much help, and Eric constantly keeping up with me on emails. he sent me different units to try that arrived in two days or less. no dice. we tried exhaust probes, checking the HPFP, bleeding the fuel system. everything we could think of. finally just returned the truck to stock with a tuner, and reinstalled the DPF. towed it to the dealer, and got warranty for my whole PCM system because the truck was stock. by the time the truck got back to me it had been around a month and a half of downtime, with no vehicle for yours truly to drive. was I upset at first? yea. did I blame IDP initially? yes. but after speaking to Eric and guys on here, i learned some things instead of bashing. You know as well as I do, you take that dpf off and tune it the first time-you're taking a huge risk in the warranty and reliability of the vehicle. nothing is as reliable as stock, and anytime you mod something, you ask for it sooner or later. you haven't been the only guy for it to happen too, and you're one of the few to bash IDP. hope you get it figured out, and give someone a chance to tune it. if not you're better off staying stock.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Woah woah woah. I think we are getting a little out of hand.

Maybe we are blaming the wrong people. Maybe we should be blaming Ford for creating a truck not meant to be reprogrammed by aftermarket device!

:poke:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

Friends
Befriend kyle43335 *

About Jason
Signature

FordFreak:

Signature

06TWO50DIESEL

Bottom line:

I understand your frustration 100%. The shots at what people drive is a little low key man. Keep it classy man, none of us truely know what everyone else drives. Most people don't know what all sits in my Morton building.

Jared

fordfreak4life

Reaction score

Friends
Befriend kyle43335 *

About Jason
Signature

FordFreak:

Signature

06TWO50DIESEL

Bottom line:

I bet I could tell you more about the engine in ur truck off the top of my head than you could research and figurr out in a year...... Dont judge a book buy its cover.... Since ur so old and wise you should have known that.... I suggest u get a grip on life

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.