Seriously looking into compounds... Need help tho

907DAVE

Reaction score
Dunno yet. I know exactly where I want each stage to be at, and got my gate springs setup today...just need some dry roads to see how it works out.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Dave if you are ever looking to take a vacation to Texas I have a lot of beer to drink and a place to stay, just plan it around the time I decide to build a compound set up :naughty: Your setup looks awesome!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes at least a 88mm inducer.. The 38R you have now has a 88mm Exducer.. Not saying that is why you need a 88mm Inducer just trowing that out there to give you a idea of what you are looking at..

Noonman350

Reaction score
Alright... And does it have to be ball bearing? Or would a journal bearing work well for an atmo? Cause if so, I could have a large enough turbo in 20min

Noonman350

Reaction score
But a Journal would be fine for the set up? Especially so I can get all the mounts and plumbing done. Then upgrade it to a ball bearing after sometime...

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Journal would be fine.. You can always upgrade later.. But if you have the money to do it it would be cheaper now to go with a BB turbo..

Noonman350

Reaction score
Also, where can I find a turbo of an 88mm size? The ones on our trucks aren't even that big I don't think. That's what I was planning on using when. I said I could have one in 20min...

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
So you are looking to pull a turbo off a semi??

A 75mm inducer would work for a towing setup on a 5.9L.. It just would not flow the enough air to be a atmosphere turbo on a 7.3L.. A turbo with a 75mm inducer is considered a large single for the 7.3L

The vendors here could get you hooked up with a 88mm inducer turbo.. ask around post up a wanted post in the vendor section. they will have some for sure..

75mm is not a good atmosphere turbo for a 7.3L. you would be shooting yourself in the foot there..

Noonman350

Reaction score
So you are looking to pull a turbo off a semi??

A 75mm inducer would work for a towing setup on a 5.9L.. It just would not flow the enough air to be a atmosphere turbo on a 7.3L.. A turbo with a 75mm inducer is considered a large single for the 7.3L

The vendors here could get you hooked up with a 88mm inducer turbo.. ask around post up a wanted post in the vendor section. they will have some for sure..

75mm is not a good atmosphere turbo for a 7.3L. you would be shooting yourself in the foot there..

Yeah I was considering it, since we've got about 6 trucks with good turbos sutton around... And alright I'll post up and see what I get. Thanks!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Need an s488 or bigger....the bigger you go with the lp the easier it will be working.

Reaction score
I'm just sayin that two waste gates is not necessary unless your spraying or running over 1000hp. All you need is a waste gated Hp turbo. The atmo is big enough at 88-96 turbine w/ 135ar that you won't overspeed it.

Latest posts

Members online