Sneak Peek Of New Setup. Compounds! Vids!

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
You do all your own welding and fab work ? A couple nice beads I see. If you didn't run a hood stack could how would you run the exhaust ?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Let me start out buy say this. That is ONE SWEET setup you have there.. Looks and SOUNDS good to!!!! Very Sweet!!!!

I never read all 7 pages so i do not know if you have been asked this allready... BUT What is that Black box, That is siting on top of your fuse box, in the first Movie?? Is it a Transmission controller?? To be Honest my first thought were DR.Performance....... BUT we all know that would be a joke!!!

David

Charles

Reaction score
Let me start out buy say this. That is ONE SWEET setup you have there.. Looks and SOUNDS good to!!!! Very Sweet!!!!

I never read all 7 pages so i do not know if you have been asked this allready... BUT What is that Black box, That is siting on top of your fuse box, in the first Movie?? Is it a Transmission controller?? To be Honest my first thought were DR.Performance....... BUT we all know that would be a joke!!!

David

It's a snow water injection pump controller.

TARM

Reaction score
Are you planning to have the manifold turbo WG vent back into the intermediate pipe going to the atmosphere turbo instead of leaving it to vent open?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Are you planning to have the manifold turbo WG vent back into the intermediate pipe going to the atmosphere turbo instead of leaving it to vent open?

A lot of guys are venting the high pressure charger to atmosphere in the sled pulling world - they claim its easier to tune it. I don't know never done one that way before.... or at least not yet... :D

TARM

Reaction score
Thats good to know. I guess I can see how it would be less complicated in one sense. Maybe there is all the exhaust needed that anything vented is not missed coming off the line :shrug:

After going to as many pulls as I could find locally this year I am getting a serious itch to build a pulling truck and try to get competitive. Was hoping it would go away but that itch seems to need to be scratched. :naughty:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
After going to as many pulls as I could find locally this year I am getting a serious itch to build a pulling truck and try to get competitive. Was hoping it would go away but that itch seems to need to be scratched. :naughty:

That is a VERY hard itch to get rid of......

Big Bore

Reaction score
Thats good to know. I guess I can see how it would be less complicated in one sense. Maybe there is all the exhaust needed that anything vented is not missed coming off the line :shrug:

I've been interested in what it would take to make my DD be able to drive to the pulls, make a pull, and drive it back home. Not to be competitive but just for fun. Seems like the dedicated pullers have some serious suspension mods that would make DD unrealistic.

TARM

Reaction score
I've been interested in what it would take to make my DD be able to drive to the pulls, make a pull, and drive it back home. Not to be competitive but just for fun. Seems like the dedicated pullers have some serious suspension mods that would make DD unrealistic.

I honestly do not think I could do something and not try to be competitive. Defective gene I guess. LOL

I was rewatching the engine bay video again and got a chuckle when I saw just how slow that big old atmosphere comp wheel was turning. LOL Looked like a big old belt drive porch fan we had on the farm. That compared to my gt42 where the blades are a blur.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Tarm to help with your "Itch" it wont get any easier. Or should i say its like a mosquito bite or poison ivy, once you touch it with a finger nail it gets worse.

I out pulled all of my buddies this past weekend. Even a built 07 cummins and im feeling high and mighty. Looking for another truck right now so i can build a better setup but keep it on the street as well. Kind of like this truck but maybe a little more on road driving.

Im really loving this setup. Just wish i had someone close with something like this so i could learn twins a little better. Im hands on and reading is hard to sink in my brain sometimes.

Congrats on the build. I envy you.

smoker00

Reaction score
Did you drain it to the pan Brian?
The one im puting in now is 84mm in. and 123.5mm ex. 81ar.
The hot side is 102mm ex. At 1.12 ar.
Will see if it will work..

Powersmoker

Reaction score
You do all your own welding and fab work ? A couple nice beads I see. If you didn't run a hood stack could how would you run the exhaust ?

I did all the fab work and tack welded everthing together with my small MIG. Then took everything over to my friends house and he TIG'd everything up.

If i didnt have the hood stack, i would run the exhaust all the way out the back

Latest posts

Members online