Snow plow rebuild

genuineford

Reaction score
Thanks. I am hoping to get the mount installed on the truck Sunday before work. I don't want to install it any sooner than that so the paint has a chance to get hard. I will get pictures up when it happens.

dasboot

Reaction score
news last night talking about a snow hitting North Eastern states.Showing Washington, DC ready for the snow. A long line of snow plow fited Ford PSD trucks. Very Nice.

genuineford

Reaction score
I got the mount on the truck yesterday. It turned out pretty good except I missed painting one spot because of the poor light in my garage. I will probably touch it up at some point.

Haha I just looked at the pictures closer and I can see the puddle under our 6.0.

DcMoore

Reaction score
Steve the bumper looks kicked out a bit to me.. And how do you attach it?? Use a jack? I'm not a snow plow guy.. I just drive through it.

genuineford

Reaction score
The passenger side bracket is a bit messed up. I will have to get it straightened. it is light enough you can just lift it up to put the pins in.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Damn Steve - that is looking good. I'm looking at a plow for the Dmax and am not looking forward to having to modify the plow bracket to work with the new suspension that I still need to install.... its going to be a long few weeks coming up so I can be ready before the snow flies.

genuineford

Reaction score
Damn Steve - that is looking good. I'm looking at a plow for the Dmax and am not looking forward to having to modify the plow bracket to work with the new suspension that I still need to install.... its going to be a long few weeks coming up so I can be ready before the snow flies.

Thanks Jason, it is not perfect by any means but it will support my future mods and get the job done for me. It's not like I am going to go out and plow for 3 days straight after every snowfall. I am going to do a couple driveways all the time and help some friends and neighbors out when needed.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

genuineford

Reaction score
Yesterday before work I drug the blade outside and got the A frame mounted on it along with the new springs.

Today when I got up I was able to get a piece of rubber belting on the top of the blade for a snow deflector. I also go the side markers installed. In between doing all of that I tore down the angle cylinders and put new packing in them. Once that was done I took the wire wheel to them then painted them red. It is a good thing I didn't try to run the angle cylinders the way they were as one of them the threads were bottomed out and. As I pulled the packing out of them it crumbled in my hands. I was going to get the pump mounted on the truck but apparently I picked up the wrong size bolts so it did not get put on.

genuineford

Reaction score
I decided today rather than pull the engine out of our 6.0 that I would finish up the snow plow. I have it all installed and it is working pretty decent. I drove with it on into town and it was good. I got home and finished up installing the lights just a few minutes ago. All in all I am happy with it and can't wait to use it when the snow flies. I will get more pictures of it with the lights on tomorrow.

This was before I installed the cables, I was using a pair of jumper cables to see how it would work.

This was after I got it finished up except for the lights.

I mounted the controller to the cup holder and ran the cables through the clutch delete plate.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
by the sounds of you it, you might get to try it out wednesday steve. channel 4 out here said could expect up to 6 inches

genuineford

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I might get a chance to use it tomorrow but I hope the snow misses us. I would like to get the engine out of the 6.0 before the snow sticks.