Snow White Resurrection

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
3 new bests, unfortunately just not all on the same run but we learned a Lott this past Saturday thanks to the Infinity from DP Tuner.

New best 1/8 mile 7.21 with a measly turtle pace 1.71 sixty foot.
New best 1/8 mile MPH of 98.90
New best 1/4 of [email protected] with a special Olympics 60 foot of 1.84.

after the first 2 1/8 mile runs they turned on the 1/4 mile beams, sure would have been nice to get the 1/4 mile numbers for the 7.21 run.

TERRCO

Reaction score
So lets just say you eventually surpass your best numbers and times on fuel only,reach your goals, do you think you will eventually spray it to see what it might do?

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
nice runs sir!! now thats still with just tuning and trans change? or did you do something else over the past week?

live life full throttle
That is correct, but my biggest holdup now is the 60 ft, I have to change the TC and do something about holding the truck on the line. Once the boost comes on the rear brakes will not hold and it pushes the front tires through the beams.
So lets just say you eventually surpass your best numbers and times on fuel only,reach your goals, do you think you will eventually spray it to see what it might do?
I am sure at some point I will but that will be for a different goal, right now the goal is 10's on fuel and a GTX42R, then add the GT55 and bring on the fuel earlier in the curve.

For comparison sake, the tune I am running right now wont even make the 250/200 SHO injectors in Jason Kubis old truck drive through a wet paper sack.

JDub

Reaction score
That is correct, but my biggest holdup now is the 60 ft, I have to change the TC and do something about holding the truck on the line. Once the boost comes on the rear brakes will not hold and it pushes the front tires through the beams.

Sounds like you better spend some time on the phone with Dennis and copy his setup. He had the exact same issue and his new system seems to be working great for him...

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Sounds like you better spend some time on the phone with Dennis and copy his setup. He had the exact same issue and his new system seems to be working great for him...
Ya TC is on the way already and SSBC is working on the brake problem.
so a line lock then?
live life full throttle
The front brakes have a line lock but are not the problem as the tires simply slide through the beams, the rear brakes don't have enough braking force.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Is a driveline brake out of the question? What'd you use to do when the truck had the 45 on it?

Dennis and a few others have done that but they all have staging problems which are really not a problem in practice but in a competition race they pose a risk.

I had 2 stages of nitrous back then, one that came on when I hit the floor at WOT and the 2nd stage as soon as the truck moved.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Dennis and a few others have done that but they all have staging problems which are really not a problem in practice but in a competition race they pose a risk.

I had 2 stages of nitrous back then, one that came on when I hit the floor at WOT and the 2nd stage as soon as the truck moved.

Yeah I meant staging with the 45. Did it push you through the lights?

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Yeah I meant staging with the 45. Did it push you through the lights?

No, I just held her against the converter and hit the throttle.
There was plenty of power at that point to get things moving lol just not the right way.

Can you imagine a 1.5 sixty foot back then, WOP WHO???:naughty:

All kidding aside, she would have layed down a number back then.

PDT1081

Reaction score

Could also try adding a second caliper to each side in the rear. Offset 180 degrees from the stock ones. Parts are readily available at most auto parts stores. Use your line lock to set the factory brakes (front and rear) and have a second pedal and master cylinder controlling the extra set. Just kinda thinking out loud here.

Latest posts

Members online