So it begins

02BigD

Reaction score
Hot side is the red side..... Coming out of the turbo hot.... Cold side is a pipe coming out of intercooler into motor. And does ANYONE understand how a vband works? It's loose to spin it out of the way while working on it right now.

I'm laughing so f'in hard at the direction this has taken.

hunterER7

Reaction score
You can only do internals while rebuilding the engine. Bolt on's can come later. My input.

Exactly. I wish I pulled motor and did rods, girdle, fill, cam and pistons first thing and did injectors and turbo later. You can pretty much drive stock injectors, stock turbo truck on full built bottom end. I'll play with this set up, can go bigger injectors and maybe compounds, and if I really want or get tired of it, drop down to 250/100 and 366. It's always going to be a reliable motor. Don't go hog wild with injectors and turbo if you don't want bottom end to go boom. Yea some people have gotten away with 400/400 and 475 for a while but cringe EVERYTIME in throttle. Or just don't care because they have extra motor and can swap motors out quick. It's pretty much person decision on what you wanna do and plans with it.

I totally agree! I'm just stuck at the point of, Do I have all this machine work and block work done, And where is the better question? Or do I run the early 99 block and cringe on a 300/200 set up with a s468 and wait out the detonation? It's a hard choice considering I don't have it all planned out just yet, but have been doing so much homework and reading into builds like this to try and get more information and see what kind of set ups people are running and how they feel on them.

So being its a learning curve. I'd most likely start with internals then too. Although you have the internals to hold the power you can easily run my 180/100 set up now and know I can always go way bigger in the future.

On a positive side I have a spare motor I can build so I wouldn't be in a huge rush and can continue to have my truck while in the process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
I can see mjs point if you are talking just yhe turbo, no cac. But once its in the truck people refer to hots and colds in reference to what side of intercooling you are referring to.

m j

Reaction score
I can see mjs point if you are talking just yhe turbo, no cac. But once its in the truck people refer to hots and colds in reference to what side of intercooling you are referring to.

must be a truck only thing then because the rest of the automotive world the hotside is the exhaust. other then this thread I have never heard anyone call the intake tract the hot side in a turbo system.
lets see one side hits 1200+ ... sounds like the hot side of a turbo to me

ghohouston

Reaction score
must be a truck only thing then because the rest of the automotive world the hotside is the exhaust. other then this thread I have never heard anyone call the intake tract the hot side in a turbo system.

I've always heard the compressor outlet/ CAC inlet the hot side, and the engine intake/CAC outlet the cold side. I get what you're saying though.

isootmypants

Reaction score

Stop trying to act like you are always right. You were wrong in this situation. What pipe is the one after the intercooler? Hot pipe too? No. I feel like I'm trying to help with the Pam Pan thing from step brothers

02BigD

Reaction score
Just gotta roll it over like I did to your mother last night

Roflmfao.

I was referring to the hot side cac pipe in my original poke. TJ clearly understood that in his response (although not certain at the time it was understood I was joking even though a :) was supplied), as did everyone else. I see your clarification in the above post...but that bucket isn't carrying a whole lot of water within the context of this thread.

Latest posts

Members online