So it begins

isootmypants

Reaction score
I've been in Georgia for the past month....stopped at Carson's before I left, dropped off pan and valve covers. Gonna go with all black motor and polished aluminum everything else. Got the s475/88/1.10 t4 with billet 6 blade. Fast forward to last Friday...stopped at swamps..... Spoke with David for an hour and may I say, holy smokes. I've been blind to tuning and everything for the past 2 years. Dave had shown me around and gave me some intel...neat stuff andddd, gave me a quick run down on tuning. I will say that it is some mathematical wizard type deals to get this stuff smoke free. None the less? Dave has me convinced on 400/400 and gen3. I am pretty much tapped on my injectors now unless I spray the balls out of it.

So...next step is that I will have Carson send my injectors to swamps and get a gen3 shipped up.

P.S. The hydra chip will be my new tuning base. 15 tunes and no need to remove the chip. Instant USB and downloadable tunes. I appreciate David, Dan, Matt and all the other guys down at swamps for taking the time and running me through the new stuff.

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
TJ I can't agree with you more on the hydra chip I love being able to call a tuner tell them a tweak you need and have it fixed and sent by email back in minutes in some cases is amazing! Only problem I have is which tune I like best! Haha

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I've been in Georgia for the past month....stopped at Carson's before I left, dropped off pan and valve covers. Gonna go with all black motor and polished aluminum everything else. Got the s475/88/1.10 t4 with billet 6 blade. Fast forward to last Friday...stopped at swamps..... Spoke with David for an hour and may I say, holy smokes. I've been blind to tuning and everything for the past 2 years. Dave had shown me around and gave me some intel...neat stuff andddd, gave me a quick run down on tuning. I will say that it is some mathematical wizard type deals to get this stuff smoke free. None the less? Dave has me convinced on 400/400 and gen3. I am pretty much tapped on my injectors now unless I spray the balls out of it.

So...next step is that I will have Carson send my injectors to swamps and get a gen3 shipped up.

P.S. The hydra chip will be my new tuning base. 15 tunes and no need to remove the chip. Instant USB and downloadable tunes. I appreciate David, Dan, Matt and all the other guys down at swamps for taking the time and running me through the new stuff.
That's awesome, I always love talking to people that know way more about these trucks than I do!

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
Saw your motor up at Carson's looking good those valve covers are nice I didnt think mine were going to seal but had no problems.

isootmypants

Reaction score
Mmmmmmmm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 216

02BigD

Reaction score
who made the headers and valve covers?

Looks good! It's getting to the close enough to taste it stage of the project, good times. Congrats.

isootmypants

Reaction score
who made the headers and valve covers?

Looks good! It's getting to the close enough to taste it stage of the project, good times. Congrats.

Di headers ceramic coated, and Lewis built performance out of Cali made the vc. Cory burdette made the pan but he also makes vc for half the price of Lewis built. I had Lewis built put both those -10 ccv on so I can use nice heater hose braided wrapped, then connect to one side and run down and into my exhaust further back. And thanks guys. I can't wait till the turbo is done and get it home. Question, polished compressor housing or black housing? And ic pipes, polished or power coated black?

mandkole

Reaction score
will this be a winter driven truck in Jersey? All of that shiny aluminum will need to be kept track of. Looks great!

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
hell yeah TJ. Looks so good! I vote black comp housing and polished piping too. Can't wait to see you burning tire after tire off of whatever wheels you decide on LOL. BTW There is a REAL cool new wheel option about to be out.... text me!

Latest posts

Members online