So it begins

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I'm curious what two would change ? I run a gen3 and it does some funky stuff. I'm curious on what adding the second ipr would change

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Is it needed for the gen 3 specifically or a combination of the gen 3 and huge injectors? I have a friend who just bought a gen 3(3-4 week wait for it fyi) and i doubt he thought about needing dual IPR's...

Truck is getting 250/200's also..

Pm me a price you were thinking on that dual IPR setup you and kev are doing just so i can have aballpark figure to give my buddy when i bring it up..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TARM

Reaction score
I know when I had my dual stealths a while ba k where I got fhe smoothest idle and best performance was as follows:

Dual IPR (returned to the pan)
Extra hpop res oil feed line (-6an) from the block
4 port hpop feed to the rails.

If I ran a dual again I would want a remote dual IPRs between the two rails and then evrything else as I had the above setup. I wojld love to get a BTS as I think its possibly the best setup but a gen3 setup the same way I can not see working very well.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I run my gen3 with an aux feed from the block gallery on driver side.
Single ipr and it's not bad actually with idle quality

My biggest issue is after wot run. If I do a 1/4 pass and let off. Once the TC unlocks I have to hold the truck above 1000 rpm or it will shut itself off.
As well as it will kinda shudder or "shake" under light throttle after a hard run. However once you roll into it. It "clears" itself. And runs fine.

isootmypants

Reaction score
Is it needed for the gen 3 specifically or a combination of the gen 3 and huge injectors? I have a friend who just bought a gen 3(3-4 week wait for it fyi) and i doubt he thought about needing dual IPR's...

Truck is getting 250/200's also..

Pm me a price you were thinking on that dual IPR setup you and kev are doing just so i can have aballpark figure to give my buddy when i bring it up..

Def not needed for 250/200. My srp1.1 held 3650 all day with 300/200. It's forsale if he wants it. 15k on it

isootmypants

Reaction score
I know when I had my dual stealths a while ba k where I got fhe smoothest idle and best performance was as follows:

Dual IPR (returned to the pan)
Extra hpop res oil feed line (-6an) from the block
4 port hpop feed to the rails.

If I ran a dual again I would want a remote dual IPRs between the two rails and then evrything else as I had the above setup. I wojld love to get a BTS as I think its possibly the best setup but a gen3 setup the same way I can not see working very well.

Groomzy is selling at bts twin setup right now

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
I run my gen3 with an aux feed from the block gallery on driver side.
Single ipr and it's not bad actually with idle quality

My biggest issue is after wot run. If I do a 1/4 pass and let off. Once the TC unlocks I have to hold the truck above 1000 rpm or it will shut itself off.
As well as it will kinda shudder or "shake" under light throttle after a hard run. However once you roll into it. It "clears" itself. And runs fine.

That is the exact reason right there. the singe irp just can't react fast enough or flow enough oil when coming off a wot run. My truck even after hours of live tuning still would sometimes stall coming off a wot run or romp it was one or the other. Also the fact that dumping all the oil back to the reservoir just sucks.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Def not needed for 250/200. My srp1.1 held 3650 all day with 300/200. It's forsale if he wants it. 15k on it
hes also doing a girdle and plans for billet rods this winter.. he might jump up to 400/400's eventually so he wants to have the pump already if he decides that route in the future

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
That is the exact reason right there. the singe irp just can't react fast enough or flow enough oil when coming off a wot run. My truck even after hours of live tuning still would sometimes stall coming off a wot run or romp it was one or the other. Also the fact that dumping all the oil back to the reservoir just sucks.

And adding the 2nd ipr helped ?

Who was makin these dual setups ? Perhaps I should try this out.

isootmypants

Reaction score
Got the frame primed today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 227

Latest posts

Members online