some questions on a mild 7.3 build

David N

Reaction score
250/100's in my opinion, isn't even going to be competitive in workstock. But that all depends on all the other trucks there.

You need 600 horsepower to compete in workstock, and building a 600 horsepower 7.3 isn't exactly budget friendly. Ask me how I know... LOL

blackreign5802

Reaction score
does sniper put out a bad product? im just wondering why all the bashing. I live in Casper and have been by the shop .his prices are ok and I haven't heard anything bad from anyone actualy running his stuff

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
If it were me trying to run work stock.......

Irate fuel system with dual superduty pumps
250/200's from Unlimited Diesel
910 springs
ARP Headstuds
Stealth SRP1.1 HPOP
Tuning from Gearhead or Tyrant
Superduty manifolds, plenums, and intercooler
van turbo or T444E frankenturbo (Non gated 1.0 turbine housing with van exhaust side and superduty compressor housing)
Antisurge compressor wheel of your choice
Irate bellowed uppies with a wastegate plumbed in
South Bend Clutch
Exhaust
6637 intake
Gauges
electric fans
Swamps HVHF IDM
Traction bars and bump stops
And some spare turbos to toss on for when they blow up

Right or wrong, that would be my setup of choice for workstock.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I've broke a lot of ****.

Never bent broke or otherwise hurt the valve train...

prolly not the only one either Joe, i know of quite a few bone stock 7.3s that have bent one just driving down the road with old guys at the wheel..

live life full throttle

TheGriz

Reaction score
Ordered stage 1 with a chip was to give me more Mpg and more foot pounds at the tire. Placed order for injectors and a chip. Should be sent out in a week. Ok. I can live with that. Week went by and I called for status. No answer. Texted. No answer. Tried the same for 3 days. Still no answers. Got Pissed and sent a really bad Text message.
Reply "Money Refunded". Money was back in my PayPal account.
Wish it was better but I got my money back and no hard feelings.
I purchased injectors from one of your Advertisers and am tickled to death.

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
iv got 250/200s and the truck sees 50psi every time i drive it. factory hpop holds just fine and dont run a walbro pump. iv ate two of them.

heres my build list so far,
250/200, stock turbo, RR, full fuel system, valair DD clutch and thats it.

iv ate a stock turbo and they do hold up decently but they can only take so much. i want to get barders DIY 66 and see what that does. i am gonna make a wastegate setup for it and set it to 50-55psi and hope for the best. id suggest studs and valve springs only for the fact of carrying over 4k rpms down the track to help out with the power disadvantage the 7.3s have. the best tip iv gotten with helping keep a 7.3 somewhat competitive is make as much traction as you can. that should help out with the lack of power compared to others

DHFF

Reaction score
iv got 250/200s and the truck sees 50psi every time i drive it. factory hpop holds just fine and dont run a walbro pump. iv ate two of them.

heres my build list so far,
250/200, stock turbo, RR, full fuel system, valair DD clutch and thats it.

iv ate a stock turbo and they do hold up decently but they can only take so much. i want to get barders DIY 66 and see what that does. i am gonna make a wastegate setup for it and set it to 50-55psi and hope for the best. id suggest studs and valve springs only for the fact of carrying over 4k rpms down the track to help out with the power disadvantage the 7.3s have. the best tip iv gotten with helping keep a 7.3 somewhat competitive is make as much traction as you can. that should help out with the lack of power compared to others

Just a dumb quick question here, but how are you seeing that high of boost on a stock turbo? Just because of the bigger injectors?????

DHFF

Reaction score
Yes sir. I can bury the 60psi gauge at will. It's a lot of fuel real quickly

Sent from my Pear phone 5 using Tapatalk

Good to hear. I was completely oblivious of how much is possible with a relatively stock turbo on these 7.3s. Sounds like if you keep your drive pressure and boost pressures somewhat close they'll even last a long time. Good info.

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
Good to hear. I was completely oblivious of how much is possible with a relatively stock turbo on these 7.3s. Sounds like if you keep your drive pressure and boost pressures somewhat close they'll even last a long time. Good info.

I need to monitor BP to see what I can really get away with. I try to keep it under 45psi just for the turbos sake.

DHFF

Reaction score
I need to monitor BP to see what I can really get away with. I try to keep it under 45psi just for the turbos sake.

Can you drill a hole somewhere in the up pipes and just install a sensor to monitor this? Like maybe with a compression to copper then switch to tubing where its not hot? I want both gauges in the cab on mine but am unsure where I can pull BP from.

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
That is an option but most use the EBPV tube and tee off there to get a reading. I'll do the up pipes since I'll be building a custom set for a gate

sootie

Reaction score
Ordered stage 1 with a chip was to give me more Mpg and more foot pounds at the tire. Placed order for injectors and a chip. Should be sent out in a week. Ok. I can live with that. Week went by and I called for status. No answer. Texted. No answer. Tried the same for 3 days. Still no answers. Got Pissed and sent a really bad Text message.
Reply "Money Refunded". Money was back in my PayPal account.
Wish it was better but I got my money back and no hard feelings.
I purchased injectors from one of your Advertisers and am tickled to death.

Wut?!

Latest posts

Members online