Soot / oil build up? Wtf?!?!

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
2012 f250. 94k miles.
Fully De**Ted

I was installing the H&S intercooler upgrade pipe. The one that removes the throttle body.

Found this...
20160316_142142.jpg

20160316_142153.jpg

JRLott

Reaction score
Great. One more thing to add to the ever increasing list. :doh:

Jomax

Reaction score
yeah , i try to tell people, most are VERY shocked when they see it. gimme a call , i'll make you a deal .

So that is in fact from the CCV? Or does the egr have something to do with it? That looks horrible!

Mike, is there anything out there so the truck isn't a smelly smoky pig at idle when you do a ccv ******?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Soot from the egr plus oily intake from ccv makes a nasty mess! Jomax, install a ccv ****** and plumb it into the exhaust. No more smell unless you are near your exhaust tip.

Jomax

Reaction score
Soot from the egr plus oily intake from ccv makes a nasty mess! Jomax, install a ccv ****** and plumb it into the exhaust. No more smell unless you are near your exhaust tip.

Is the smell obnoxious? My 7.3 was pretty bad, lol

Probably need to just stop worrying and just ****** it for the good of the engine.

Notneb

Reaction score
You'd have to make a coalescing filter/catch can to a CCV re-route to the exhaust to remove the smoke part, and direct the smell out of the tip.

I'll be at the Military Vehicle show tomorrow if you want to see my setup and just how much oil vapor there is.

psduser1

Reaction score
Is the smell obnoxious? My 7.3 was pretty bad, lol

Probably need to just stop worrying and just ****** it for the good of the engine.

No ******s yet? C'mon, man.
:biggun::thumbsup:
Hard to drop the warranty!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
:stupid: very common when people change the pipe
how common is actually? like 1 in 10 or ? is it only for emissions on trucks or can it happen to the emissions off but intact trucks too?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

WHY NOT

Reaction score
how common is actually? like 1 in 10 or ? is it only for emissions on trucks or can it happen to the emissions off but intact trucks too?

live life full throttle

Mine looked just like that when I changed out my inter cooler pipe. Been deleeted since about 35k miles and had 85k on it when I changed the pipe. I have always had my ccv though

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Mine looked just like that when I changed out my inter cooler pipe. Been deleeted since about 35k miles and had 85k on it when I changed the pipe. I have always had my ccv though
holy balls.. so even without emissions, the ccv can cud it up.. how hard would it be to take off and clean? is there o-rings sealing everything or is it metal on metal? i want to check mine now.. lol

live life full throttle

Notneb

Reaction score
It's just the design, some of it gets sucked into the intake. I did my CCV re-route at 3000 miles and there was about a teaspoon of oil in the intercooler piping. As far as taking it off, you have to unbolt the fuel pump to remove the CCV box, it's not hard but it's no 20min job.

JRLott

Reaction score

Sh!t. I was hoping ccv alone wouldn't do that.

Latest posts

Members online