Soot / oil build up? Wtf?!?!

Notneb

Reaction score
Yeah I'm all hopped up on NyQuil, I meant the filter and lines that connect to it, made it easier for me to get it out. I also did this mod along with replacing all my piping and intake, so I had to remove the plastic intake plenum.

Last edited:

cmrizzo_79

Reaction score
https://www.dieselfiltersonline.com...34rGMEt4E0xqj3FhVwrFuWIxZtYIKzRGMYaAsFK8P8HAQ

http://www.parker.com/Literature/Racor/RacorNews/MAPS/RSL0178_MAP_Doosan_Engine_CCV6000.pdf

https://www.dieselfiltersonline.com...5cxaK1WdcwNi-IK8l0ztbYfafXPZ0i6bpYaAmsN8P8HAQ

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...hs.html#/forumsite/20554/topics/140812?page=1

Cry once, but once. This is the route I'll have to go, can't stand the smell of the ccv.

Even in the exhaust. You'll be getting a Constant stream of smoke coming out the tail pipe at idle, I really don't want that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax, I'd like to see some pics of this when you finish.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
oh ok.. makes sense now..

so with derete tuning, egr off but still on motor it shouldn't allow eg to go into intake right? so technically if there really is that much build up it was done way early in life or there are other issues..

i just went and looked at mine and the hose comes out of the black ccv box and down to dam near where the compressor wheel starts if im looking at it correctly?

doesn't look like it would be that hard to take the throttle valve off but does it seal with a crush gasket? how do you get the innercooler quick coupler looking thing off the valve?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

it is an oring
h and s has instructions on their site. It is easy.
However the flange that replaces the throttle valve was not drilled correctly so I had a little trouble lining up the bolts. ended up wobbling a drill bit in one of the holes

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I was interested in that Parker/raycor set up but for$400 I'll just dump it into the exhaust. I prefer the idea of it not venting to atmosphere, but it's dumped at the transmission cross member, and I can't stand the smell anymore

Notneb

Reaction score
I was interested in that Parker/raycor set up but for$400 I'll just dump it into the exhaust. I prefer the idea of it not venting to atmosphere, but it's dumped at the transmission cross member, and I can't stand the smell anymore

Next week once I get over this cold I'm going to see if I can make the stock CCV box work with my setup, using the H&S adapter to attach the vent hose to it, and thus out my exhaust.

If it works, it might be an option for you too

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Next week once I get over this cold I'm going to see if I can make the stock CCV box work with my setup, using the H&S adapter to attach the vent hose to it, and thus out my exhaust.

If it works, it might be an option for you too
Dude that sounds good. But my **** smokes like my ex. Literally fire under truck. That racor is prob the way to go with your exhaust dump. You prob already have the cats azz

Jomax

Reaction score
I'll be going with the Racor, it's pricey, but it's a win/win. Clean intakes, and no smoke outside or smell...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
that one site even shows how to calculate flow rate needed per horsepower too.. kinda handy.

live life full throttle

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Probably on the line. That is a 4500 and the Racor chart shows it is good for 400 HP. The 6000 is good for 800 HP.

SpyderX

Reaction score
Ok. So what is the oil smell you guys are talking about? Where is it coming from? I'm tuning and d3leting tomorrow. Would like to check this CCV stuff out while I'm at it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ok. So what is the oil smell you guys are talking about? Where is it coming from? I'm tuning and d3leting tomorrow. Would like to check this CCV stuff out while I'm at it.

it's the oil vapor from the crank case vent when routed to atmosphere.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online