SPE 6.7 Hot tunes

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Well having something going on in 3rd gear. Keeping the accelerator in the same position. the rpm's build up, hold steady then build up again and shift. 3rd is the only gear it is doing it in. Might not be much but I noticed it.

http://youtu.be/x30tKsQSu8g

You talking about right around the 8 second mark? Mine does that as well with the H&S file. I just figured the TC was locking then

mysticblu999

Reaction score
New h&s tunes are weak. I loaded up SPE hot x engine tune with the mild trans tune and I think I like it best. I got rid of my bds 5" block for a full leaf spring kit and it seems to shift better. The first two shifts are still a little too rough at half throttle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

mysticblu999

Reaction score
They smoothed out. But the turbo will peak out at 34 psi when I roll on it on the highway. Making me nervous because im on the 3rd stock turbo and the bearings are really starting to scream when it gets that high. I'll wait for a new single. Everything else is good though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

mario a diangelo

Reaction score
I want a tune that is milage in lower settings and hot in the upper settings like the old 7.3 6 positions I cant understand why you have to load a whole new tune if you wanna red light somebody and cant scroll down and get your milage back afterwords......sitting at a red light next to a ricer like hold on let me load this tune real quick....20 minutes later

SPE

Reaction score
I want a tune that is milage in lower settings and hot in the upper settings like the old 7.3 6 positions I cant understand why you have to load a whole new tune if you wanna red light somebody and cant scroll down and get your milage back afterwords......sitting at a red light next to a ricer like hold on let me load this tune real quick....20 minutes later

I hear you loud & clear & will speak to the powers that be... ;)

Amy@SPE

bricewise

Reaction score
Noticed on your guys newsletter Matt was getting 22 on the way to DPC. That would be amazing. Granted I don't have compounds yet ;)

SPE

Reaction score
Noticed on your guys newsletter Matt was getting 22 on the way to DPC. That would be amazing. Granted I don't have compounds yet ;)

He sure was. Icing on the cake was that he drove it from Pittsburgh, PA to Missouri with no problems, trailered it to Denver & then DROVE it back home to Missouri after completing the challenge. :D

zack birge

Reaction score
I was sure hoping for better mileage with my file. I'm stuck averaging 15-16 even with a grandpa foot... I have a custom mcc file that gets 18-20 but smokes like mad and makes me real nervous on a brand new truck. I wish they could tweak my SPE file for mileage with as many miles that I put on my pickup each day.

13PlatinumSD

Reaction score
Got on the dyno finally and was slightly disappointed with the results. I have SPE Hot X tuning and a S&B intake with 5" Flo Pro exhaust and H&S EGR delete. Put down 441 HP and 926 lb/ft TQ. Love my truck... but really missing my 6.4L. It put down 582 HP/ 1300 TQ with Spartan 310 tuning and same exhaust. Most of the guys that day were saying their trucks were running lower numbers than they previously had but the difference was only about 10% lower at the most. Either way...the truck wouldn't ever make 500 HP. I am running 37s but that shouldn't affect the numbers by more than 10-15 HP. Other than the low numbers on the dyno I am liking the tune and the drivability of the truck. I have OUO traction bars so the shifting is not too rough at all. Unfortunately anyone of us who are coming from tuned 6.4s are destined to be disappointed.

11STROKER

Reaction score
Got on the dyno finally and was slightly disappointed with the results. I have SPE Hot X tuning and a S&B intake with 5" Flo Pro exhaust and H&S EGR delete. Put down 441 HP and 926 lb/ft TQ. Love my truck... but really missing my 6.4L. It put down 582 HP/ 1300 TQ with Spartan 310 tuning and same exhaust. Most of the guys that day were saying their trucks were running lower numbers than they previously had but the difference was only about 10% lower at the most. Either way...the truck wouldn't ever make 500 HP. I am running 37s but that shouldn't affect the numbers by more than 10-15 HP. Other than the low numbers on the dyno I am liking the tune and the drivability of the truck. I have OUO traction bars so the shifting is not too rough at all. Unfortunately anyone of us who are coming from tuned 6.4s are destined to be disappointed.

scott don't let the dyno get you down buddy it means nothing

3brorce

Reaction score
Most trucks will get the best mileage on their biggest tune file anyway. Mileage is just about manipulating timing and rail psi in cruising area pretty much.

Latest posts

Members online