SPE 6.7 Hot tunes

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I reinstalled the tunes after emissions but the transmission did relearn after just a few drive cycles. They must really get in there for the trans tuning but like I said, no I'll effects. I honestly missed the firmness of the SPE mild trans tuning while I was running the H&S trans tunes for emissions but I drive pretty easy most of the time anyway.

Keith

mattmal9

Reaction score
Hey guys, With the "Can" tuning H&S claims it makes 497hp to the tire. Our Hot X tune makes 550hp to the tire. The 6.7 powerstroke only puts out about 350-360 to the ground in stock form (this is on average). The Trans tune is also very different as far as shift feel, and torque converter lock up to help deal with added power. This much fueling (on the hot setting) is the most that can be commanded without dropping rail pressure. Our X Tow is a dpf on tune for the sct platform.

Im looking for more power like pretty much everyone on this forum and I was considering your guys(SPE) tune. But after reading through this thread you guys said the truck would make about 550 to the wheels but most of the guys are sayin somewhere in the mid-high 400's? Am i missing something? Not trying to bash by any means, just clarify.

dseitler

Reaction score
On paper I'm making 483 to the ground. You can see below my trucks setup. That being said my 2013 is not making full rail pressure. One of the members helped me with the HP calculation with weight, 1/4 mile time and 1/4 mph. The SPE is by far the best tune I have run. The motor is way more responsive and pulls a lot better than the Can tune. The SPE is a full second quicker easily. If I was making full rail pressure my HP would be close I think to the numbers you posted.

SPE

Reaction score
Dyno #s will vary depending on brand of dyno, load of dyno, etc. The 13 & 14s will always dyno lower in comparison to the 11 & 12s cause of the psi limits, etc. The Hot X tune will dyno approx 50hp more than the H&S hot tune. Also, some customers have requested lower boost limits with their hot x than we normally set.

Hope that helps.

mattmal9

Reaction score
Dyno #s will vary depending on brand of dyno, load of dyno, etc. The 13 & 14s will always dyno lower in comparison to the 11 & 12s cause of the psi limits, etc. The Hot X tune will dyno approx 50hp more than the H&S hot tune. Also, some customers have requested lower boost limits with their hot x than we normally set.

Hope that helps.

Yes that does make more sense when put that way. Why do some customers want to lower the boost limits?

BK39

Reaction score
Im looking for more power like pretty much everyone on this forum and I was considering your guys(SPE) tune

I'm happy with my SPE HotX tune. It's def different than the box H&S tunes. I was worried that "it's only 50hp more....and on 8,000 pounds you'll never notice...". But that's not true, combo of the way the power is delivered and the trans tuning, it's def noticeable.

mattmal9

Reaction score
It ran that for 20k miles with no problems. When we pulled it off to do my build it had almost no shaft play. We were pretty shocked haha

Damn, yeah that's pretty impressive when all you hear is that these turbos are junk.

I'm happy with my SPE HotX tune. It's def different than the box H&S tunes. I was worried that "it's only 50hp more....and on 8,000 pounds you'll never notice...". But that's not true, combo of the way the power is delivered and the trans tuning, it's def noticeable.

Thats how I was thinking also, but good to know.

My other question is that when you download the tune to the Mini Maxx, do you still have the stock,tow,street, and performance levels? Or does SPE change the levels you can choose from?

SPE

Reaction score
Damn, yeah that's pretty impressive when all you hear is that these turbos are junk.

Thats how I was thinking also, but good to know.

My other question is that when you download the tune to the Mini Maxx, do you still have the stock,tow,street, and performance levels? Or does SPE change the levels you can choose from?

The H&S won't let us change the names of the power levels so they still say "tow, street, etc". You will still have your canned tunes as well though.

mattmal9

Reaction score
The H&S won't let us change the names of the power levels so they still say "tow, street, etc". You will still have your canned tunes as well though.

Slightly confused. So when its downloaded on the H&S i'll still have the same H&S tunes plus the SPE tune? Example: (stock,tow,street,performance,SPE)

Last edited:

SAK

Reaction score
The SPE is a full second quicker easily.

Do you realize how much more power the spe tune would have to make over the box tune to be a FULL SECOND quicker?

Oh and just fyi, the spe hot x tune was .2 slower than a custom tune that I wrote and .3 slower than the box tune.

BK39

Reaction score
Oh and just fyi, the spe hot x tune was ...... .3 slower than the box tune.

Your truck must be different than mine. My truck woke up a noticeable bit. I'll have to take it to the track to see for sure, but by seat of the pants, it def feels stronger.

dseitler

Reaction score
Do you realize how much more power the spe tune would have to make over the box tune to be a FULL SECOND quicker?

Oh and just fyi, the spe hot x tune was .2 slower than a custom tune that I wrote and .3 slower than the box tune.

I ran a 15.515 with the H&S tune pre delete and a 14.563 after running SPE HotX with SPE Hot Trans. Ticket is posted on thread -6.7 Fuel Pressure Drop with Hot Tunes. I hope to run in the 14.4's with my latest setup with Bigrpower idea with the MP8. Find out on Friday.

Summit02

Reaction score
Anyone feeling like the 4-5 shift is a little less aggressive then the rest? And it almost sounds like my transmission may be slipping as it goes into 5th. Sounds like my tires are chirping but it's not the tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dseitler

Reaction score
My trans makes the noise under hard acceleration. It's the sound of the clutch pack clamping down and a little of the torque converter . I'm not worried about it my 6.0 and 6.4 made a noise also like that but a little different. Ran both trucks well over 250K with wild tunes. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk