SPE 6.7 Hot tunes

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
How do y'all think the stock turbo and rods will hold up to these tunes? That's one thing I'm scared of is breaking something.

Biggpigg4x4

Reaction score
I still don't quite understand how to get these tunes. So you order them and they email them to you? How do I then get them off email and on to my mini max? And how do I get the H&S tunes on to the computer in case I don't like the new tunes and want to go back?

On the H&S you go to "install tune" then next menu is "import/export tune" You gotta export the h&s file to SD Card on your h&s. SD CARD to flash drive that came with it. Then Plug that into computer, use MCC software to transfer to folder, Email a copy of files to them. They send you some back, and you transfer to SD CARD thru flash drive then to truck.

If you don't understand that... heres the same info, but in alot more steps. LOL
http://www.hsperformance.com/images/mcc.pdf

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
I already purchased one unlock code when I bought the tuner, so I have to purchase another one just to use the MCC software and then purchase the new tunes?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I already purchased one unlock code when I bought the tuner, so I have to purchase another one just to use the MCC software and then purchase the new tunes?

The unlock you purchased was for the 6.7L motor. This unlock code is for the MCC which lets you tune the truck your self, so you are getting more options is why they cost more.

ClayStewart

Reaction score
I've made two passes at our local 8th mile, waiting in line for the 3rd. First pass was 9.08 and second 9.06. On the newest h&s update it went 8.84. I reloaded the H&S files are giving them another go.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I've made two passes at our local 8th mile, waiting in line for the 3rd. First pass was 9.08 and second 9.06. On the newest h&s update it went 8.84. I reloaded the H&S files are giving them another go.

sweet. whats the cab configuration and whats the mph on the passes?

ClayStewart

Reaction score
Reloaded the SPE tunes just to be sure it loaded correctly the first time. Whole new animal now. Trans shifting was firm and on point.

mysticblu999

Reaction score
Reaction time doesn't matter on test n tune

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

ClayStewart

Reaction score
Reaction time doesn't matter on test n tune

I'm aware of that, I just beat myself up on reaction times. Haha

Overall the truck feels strong. I think I may go back to the H&S trans file for daily driving. 2nd gear lock up can be a bit brutal sometimes under light throttle.

mysticblu999

Reaction score
I'm aware of that, I just beat myself up on reaction times. Haha

Overall the truck feels strong. I think I may go back to the H&S trans file for daily driving. 2nd gear lock up can be a bit brutal sometimes under light throttle.

I was thinking about asking dan to smooth out the first 2 shifts, then it would be great. If not you can improve the h&s trans tune by upping the line pressure a bit.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well it's only about 8 mph off a 6.4 , so either the curve sucks or it's under 500 horse.

Latest posts

Members online