SPE 6.7 Hot tunes

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Yes. After it loads on the mm it says the Trans tune is not Compatible with my truck and defaults to the H&S Trans tune.
Engine tune loaded first try.

You will defiantly have to contact spe about that one. Something may have not loaded right to the sd card or in the emails.

It's all about wheel speed and torque.
KCCO

Rowdy

Reaction score
Have any of you guys running SPE had an issue with transmission shifting from 2-3 when you switch from SPE tune back to H&S tuning? Sak and another member here said once they switched back to H&S tuning there trucks wouldn't shift into 3rd it would just rev up. Sak has posted in the 6.7 Tech section under 6R140 slipping.

Boostaddict

Reaction score
Have any of you guys running SPE had an issue with transmission shifting from 2-3 when you switch from SPE tune back to H&S tuning? Sak and another member here said once they switched back to H&S tuning there trucks wouldn't shift into 3rd it would just rev up. Sak has posted in the 6.7 Tech section under 6R140 slipping.

I stopped using the transmission to because of this. It left my truck undrivable for two days. I had to take it back to the stock Ford tuning and start from the beginning, thank God the transmission was alright!

bricewise

Reaction score
What other custom tune did you have?

I went back to H&S because of the new release and wanting to test it. SPE happily sent me the softer shifting tune, but I haven't installed it yet to test due to time constraints and I'm somewhat fearful that I'll experience that transmission issue I experienced when the transmission does a relearn.

SAK

Reaction score
What other custom tune did you have?

I went back to H&S because of the new release and wanting to test it. SPE happily sent me the softer shifting tune, but I haven't installed it yet to test due to time constraints and I'm somewhat fearful that I'll experience that transmission issue I experienced when the transmission does a relearn.

Came from a guy on the H&S forum.

Powell

Reaction score
Dan quickly sent me a softer shifting tune yesterday and loaded up. I experienced all sorts of weird stuff (not even remotely close to the normal hotx trans tune or even motor tune). Third felt like it was going to shoot the transmission out, lots of what people were calling flutter from the turbos (it sounded like the blow off going off randomly). Saw this post this morning and tried to bypass returning to stock and reloading. I just flashed same engine file and the softer trans file. I just got home from about 30 minutes in it and INSTANTLY it was a night and day difference. Shifts were all smooth, only one I noticed was 3rd was a little harder compared to any other gear (nothing at all like the race file though). I'm going to go out on a limb though because it did this on normal driving, that since the converter is commanded to and does lock right as it usually shifts to 4th (the way I drive at least) so it has a SMALL bump on the shift.

Now now I didn't go SPE Hot X / SPE Hot X - Firm (standard file) to the SPE Hot X / SPE Hot X - Soft. I was running another MCC tune I had prior without any issue before loading yesterday. The standard SPE Hot X was amazing but it was too rough with my mom when we take my truck to our office. I saw they had a different trans tune and within a few hours Dan got back to me with the lighter file. So my upgrade method for the tunes does differ from other members, so not sure if maybe some of these flaws could be a problem with the firmware/software in .31?

Sorry for long post but the service I've gotten from Dan/Amy with just the tune purchase has been beyond awesome. Figured if anyone does have an issue similar to mine they can fix it quick and easy.

I have a Dynojet 248 here at our personal Toy Box (shop/garage makes people think we do business, not meant in a bad way... Just barely can keep up with our own cars) so hopefully when we get the motor back in the Porsche I'll pull the truck in and strap her down. Try to get a good comparison from the standard .31 and the SPE Hot X on a truck with a 4" AFE Delete, Magnaflow 4" Mufflerless, and AFE Drop in Filter. Seat of the pants though the SPE dominates!

Powell

Reaction score
Been a long day!! Replace 3rd to 4th with 2nd to 3rd!!!

Just got back from another drive and even that had calmed down.

Latest posts

Members online