SRP 1 Failure

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
This is what drives me nuts about these threads. There are people on here that push and push that brand X pump is the next best thing out there. Meanwhile you hear off the forums about this guys pump took a **** and that guys pump never even made it out of the driveway. The information never gets posted until enough people are pissed about it. Then it is too late and everybody has one! I have a friend that is a member of these forums that told a non-member how great these pumps are. He hot-shots with his truck and has already been stranded once. He had it upgraded to the better pump and now he is having issues again. We shall see if it is pump related.

Then you got Joe here pushing the new brand X pump and maybe it is the next best thing. Or maybe it ends up being a POS down the road too and Joe just contributed to selling a whole crapload of these out there. But what I do like is the company behind the new brand X pump seems to be pretty up front with any failures they have had. It also seems like I see a lot of data posted about pre-pump installation and post-pump installation.

You just have to remember that information posted in these forums is not always the best information. These forums are sponsored by companies selling truck parts. You could have one very popular member or moderator receive something for free and all of a sudden it is the next best thing since sliced bread.

We are releasing a new style pump in a stock casing. You want one? Next best thing right here

We have thousands of miles and no failures, promise you its great!

:)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Great point Layson. Im not trying to be a pain in the arse or anything but I hoped that posting the issues im having and then how I arrived at the hpop being the culprit might help.someone. If not totally, at least help them get started on eliminating systems, one by one. Because the issues I was having at first, could be a loose or bad ipr. Or possibly a bad uvch or bad oil side on an injector.

Making 2900 psi in a race tune at wot=pump is junk.

thuglike

Reaction score
Boy, I am not looking foward to the first time we get racked over the coals. Will we see failures?..no doubt!! We can and will make it right as fast as possible with those customers. It's all we can do at that point.

So I will disclose right now..closing in on 500 pumps sold we have documented 9 failures.

3 rear leaks
3 o-rings
1 bad tap
2 completely destroyed...We are calling them manufactures defects. They were totally destroyed inside.
Oddly enough the same customer destroyed both pumps.

We have corrected the rear cover, o-ring and tap problems!!!! We learned as we went.

Every pump was replaced at no cost to the customer.

Layson

Reaction score
Great point Layson. Im not trying to be a pain in the arse or anything but I hoped that posting the issues im having and then how I arrived at the hpop being the culprit might help.someone. If not totally, at least help them get started on eliminating systems, one by one. Because the issues I was having at first, could be a loose or bad ipr. Or possibly a bad uvch or bad oil side on an injector.

Making 2900 psi in a race tune at wot=pump is junk.

No I don't think you are at all being a pain in the arse. I have been watching this thread and others. I picked up one of these SRP1's since there were some not so bad reviews on them. Was thinking about having it modded and try it out in my truck. I have a set of termies in my truck now and I have lost the HP bug and don't need the oil. I had some issues when I installed the termies, high oil temps, and some tuning issues but I got all that figured out. Had a few leaks that I have fixed. But otherwise have not skipped a beat. I don't want to put something in that is less reliable than what I currently have...LOL

thuglike

Reaction score
Are they any better?? (we think so)... BUT that's for John Q Public to decide..We are just sayin' it's another option for you guys. One thing is FACT..we will stand behind the product and our customers...NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Layson

Reaction score
Boy, I am not looking foward to the first time we get racked over the coals. Will we see failures?..no doubt!! We can and will make it right as fast as possible with those customers. It's all we can do at that point.

So I will disclose right now..closing in on 500 pumps sold we have documented 9 failures.

3 rear leaks
3 o-rings
1 bad tap
2 completely destroyed...We are calling them manufactures defects. They were totally destroyed inside.
Oddly enough the same customer destroyed both pumps.

We have corrected the rear cover, o-ring and tap problems!!!! We learned as we went.

Every pump was replaced at no cost to the customer.

To be honest with you typically you would never see someone selling pumps ever tell you what has gone wrong or how many failures. I think that is great.

Just make sure you keep CSI happy and you will be fine...LOL just joking CSI...LOL

CSIPSD

Reaction score
This is what drives me nuts about these threads. There are people on here that push and push that brand X pump is the next best thing out there. Meanwhile you hear off the forums about this guys pump took a **** and that guys pump never even made it out of the driveway. The information never gets posted until enough people are pissed about it. Then it is too late and everybody has one! I have a friend that is a member of these forums that told a non-member how great these pumps are. He hot-shots with his truck and has already been stranded once. He had it upgraded to the better pump and now he is having issues again. We shall see if it is pump related.

Then you got Joe here pushing the new brand X pump and maybe it is the next best thing. Or maybe it ends up being a POS down the road too and Joe just contributed to selling a whole crapload of these out there. But what I do like is the company behind the new brand X pump seems to be pretty up front with any failures they have had. It also seems like I see a lot of data posted about pre-pump installation and post-pump installation.

You just have to remember that information posted in these forums is not always the best information. These forums are sponsored by companies selling truck parts. You could have one very popular member or moderator receive something for free and all of a sudden it is the next best thing since sliced bread.

Why am I getting drug into this?

Its a well known fact that when someone has a failure they use my shoulder to cry on...

I'm the one that brings this **** up, because half of the mamby pambys dont want to look like "dicks" on the damn "internets" so they don't say anything, cry to me or someone else...

Its the damnedest thing, that I will never understand.

90% of the people that have never met me, hate me, or talk **** about me... Then once they met me and understand where I am coming from its all good.

Be truthful, be forthright and don't sugar coat **** people... For christ sake...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
To be honest with you typically you would never see someone selling pumps ever tell you what has gone wrong or how many failures. I think that is great.

Just make sure you keep CSI happy and you will be fine...LOL just joking CSI...LOL

See... I dont get this... If a product has a failure, fine, I have no issue with that... Lord knows how much **** I have broken over the last 10 years. Difference is, when a vendor sells something, or has me test it (and there are many many many out there) they know they are going to get honest feed back... Good or bad.

And Steven, you know I don't take crap personal... But it frustrates me, when a product fails and a customer brings it up, its called bashing...

Layson

Reaction score
Why am I getting drug into this?

Its a well known fact that when someone has a failure they use my shoulder to cry on...

I'm the one that brings this **** up, because half of the mamby pambys dont want to look like "dicks" on the damn "internets" so they don't say anything, cry to me or someone else...

Its the damnedest thing, that I will never understand.

90% of the people that have never met me, hate me, or talk **** about me... Then once they met me and understand where I am coming from its all good.

Be truthful, be forthright and don't sugar coat **** people... For christ sake...

Because your a stud muffin and you can handle it! Plus since you posted in an SRP thread about your HB. You have been all over the forums posting about it. You were an easy example. LOL. Don't take it personal....LOL

Now as far as your comment about people hating you. It is not because you don't sugarcoat ****...LOL. It is just because you are a dick online!....LOL

Layson

Reaction score
See... I dont get this... If a product has a failure, fine, I have no issue with that... Lord knows how much **** I have broken over the last 10 years. Difference is, when a vendor sells something, or has me test it (and there are many many many out there) they know they are going to get honest feed back... Good or bad.

And Steven, you know I don't take crap personal... But it frustrates me, when a product fails and a customer brings it up, its called bashing...

My point was that I like the fact that this pump supplier is on here telling everyone exactly what went wrong. I think it is great. In my mind that is a great company. When the SRP1 came out, there is no way you would see the pump manufacturer telling everyone how many were messed up. You didn't hear about anything but just stories on the wayside... nothing formal on the forums.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
My point was that I like the fact that this pump supplier is on here telling everyone exactly what went wrong. I think it is great. In my mind that is a great company. When the SRP1 came out, there is no way you would see the pump manufacturer telling everyone how many were messed up. You didn't hear about anything but just stories on the wayside... nothing formal on the forums.

Agreed... Thats why I really like these guys, there being truthful, forthright and up front.

I've been burned many times but guys that are not that way.

And yes, I am a dick on line.

Better that way then nice on line and a dick in person... LOL

TyCorr

Reaction score
Are they any better?? (we think so)... BUT that's for John Q Public to decide..We are just sayin' it's another option for you guys. One thing is FACT..we will stand behind the product and our customers...NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

So what the eff do I do with this srp? Cant be used as a core even :shrug: Sure as the heck aint selling it to anyone. I emailed Gary Wednesday and havent received a reply. I was going to send it in but only if he'd build me a stg 2 for the difference. I think thats fair?!

Im bummed simply because it was everything that people said and more. With jakes fuel system and that oil pump the truck was running better than it EVER had. Constant 3600psi oficp if it was desired. But its not reliable.

Layson-twin termies or a gen 3 was me next choice.

m j

Reaction score
So what the eff do I do with this srp? Cant be used as a core even :shrug: Sure as the heck aint selling it to anyone. I emailed Gary Wednesday and havent received a reply. I was going to send it in but only if he'd build me a stg 2 for the difference. I think thats fair?!

Im bummed simply because it was everything that people said and more. With jakes fuel system and that oil pump the truck was running better than it EVER had. Constant 3600psi oficp if it was desired. But its not reliable.

Layson-twin termies or a gen 3 was me next choice.

what was the warranty for an SRP? I gather it didnt go lifetime until the 1.1 upgrade from the 2011 threads I read.

TyCorr

Reaction score
what was the warranty for an SRP? I gather it didnt go lifetime until the 1.1 upgrade from the 2011 threads I read.

Yea, its warrantied for "life". The original, im not sure. Maybe one year warranty. The srp 1.1 stepped from whatever the original internals.were to billet and thats why the cost increased 4-500 bucks. The billet material.was supposed to.address whatever plagued ver 1.

I have heard of failures prior to installing mine. I need to call as my emails arent.getting answered. Im expecting a struggle at this point.

Latest posts

Members online